Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Emergency landing time

smith

Join
Sep 27, 2017
Not sure why this is happening, i have set my percentage to 25% it should rth if i dnt cancel,but it did not,when the battery level went to critical it should just land but no it shoot up but i catched it, it was going to gps to apto to attiz any reason why i wasnt getting any warning?
Thank you

The 25% you set is only an indication. The RTH level is set dynamically by the app. At 10% level, it is critical and it will try to land, but you can still adjust position or delay the landing with pushing the throttle stick. Also you need to have audio turned ON on your phone to hear the warning about battery level.

Reactions: smith
Mine is different. It auto lands at 20% if near me and if I’m out and away by 20 Meters or more then it will RTH @ 20% then auto land.

Firstly, understand that the Spark has 3 different thresholds in regards to the battery. The first one is just a warning that the battery is getting low. I think by default this is set to 30 percent, but can be changed in the DJI Go 4 interface. The second level is dynamically calculated based on how far away you are and how much battery is left. When this threshold is hit, a Low Battery RTH initiated after a 10 second warning where a user can choose to cancel it. Then the final one is a CRITICAL LOW BATTERY. It is at this point that the Spark then decides to start decending immediately in its current location. In this Critical Low Battery situation, you can still pilot the Spark and control where it is at and you can use the throttle to maintain altitude. However, if you don't use the throttle, it will continue to descend.

Timothy, both of the behaviors you mention are the documented procedures that occur when an RTH is initiated. When an RTH is initiated (whether it is by a low battery, becoming disconnected from the controlling device, or intiated by a user), it takes different actions depending upon the distance it is from its home point as well as the settings in the DJI Go 4 app. The manual has a great section outlining this procedure.

Check out the bottom of pg 14 in the manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170928/Spark+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

If interested, I have also put together a video on the topic that has been fairly well received.

Reactions: smith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502