Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Epic Flooding in the Texas Hill Country - October 16, 2018

Scary stuff!! Once you experience a flood like that you never forget it...Seems like there has been way too much of this stuff lately!

Be safe!

Reactions: pmshop
Holy cow bells.!!!!! That’s just crazy as all hell. We just have dry hot weather here. Thanks for sharing.

I just saw that although my viewership of the Llano river bridge flood has only reached 1,300 on my YouTube channel, that local TV station KXAN has posted it on their YouTube channel and has gathered over 11,500 views
biggrin.gif

Not a great year for weather... Especially the gulf coast... wow. Is that Llano brige still viable? Are they letting folks drive across?

They opened it 3pm later the 16th.
There was a low bridge Ranch Road 2900 that was completely destroyed about 20 miles up stream from the video at the dam.
They had a better vantage point earlier that morning, viewing the whole span, but moved under a tree for the rain.
The span was 1000ft
Going to be over 2 years to replace.
What took commuters 10 minutes is now taking an hour.

The northeast is a soggy mess too. Nothing like Texas, but the conditions are ripe here for another flood. The ground is so saturated from all the rain like I have never seen and the rivers are high. All it would take is 1 good storm to stall over us for a few hours. After the flood of 2011 here I went out and bought 2 generators and a few large pumps, and I just pulled out everything a week ago and got them serviced and ready, just in case. I think I have a touch of PTSD from our last flood.

Outstanding footage.
You really get the full effect of the flooding when filming with a drone and getting the shot from above.

Mother nature is a cruel Mistress. Hope you guys are ok!!!

Your welcome, that's good to hear!!

The unedited Llano River Bridge video has reached 24,000 views on the KXAN station's YouTube Page!!!
And, a guy from Conroe, Texas was in the area this past July and made almost the same flight I did.
He combined the before & after:
Credit to Keith Norman

Reactions: mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar