Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Explain differences of Litchi and Autopilot?

One thing that's not entirely clear to me, is if some users are experiencing glitches in one or both of these Apps, or lack of some specific knowledge they need to operate correctly.

Or even if the problem is related to specific gear, or the settings of their gear, or the wifi interference specific in their area.

Hard to tell.

I of course can only speak for myself because in my case it is not likely to be doing something improperly or uninformed. Particularly in regards to the calibration issue and repeatability problems.

It’s obviously not repeating because it’s not being seen properly by the satellites. I tend to think it makes sense that a. Calibration might help this issue but there is nothing I can do differently. As you must know the process is dialup pretty straight forward and as I mentioned I am trying this on multiple devices using multiple sparks.

So this makes me believe that the issues are not related to particularly pieces of hardware.

That’s my take on it and only a fool believes they know everything about anything. ;)

It certainly does void the manufacturer's warranty!
DJI cannot be held responsible for 3rd party apps.
How do I know?
Can you produce a DJI Log File from Litchi or AutoPilot?
No.
That is what they need for warranty consideration.

However, your DJI Care Refresh would still cover any damage.

Last edited:
I signed up as a beta tester for litchi but it says waypoints is not working for the spark. you say they work, can you plan waypoints in mission hub save them and somehow import into spark or do you have to manually plan them in the app.

Yes, just create a Litchi account, log into the Mission Hub, plan your mission and save.
Log into the Litchi App, open your mission you created in Mission Hub - that simple :D

Yes, just create a Litchi account, log into the Mission Hub, plan your mission and save.
Log into the Litchi App, open your mission you created in Mission Hub - that simple :D

Logging in was the step I was missing. Kind of surprised they don’t require a log in to work with the app.

Now that I have logged in via the app, I can now access my missions on both devices.

Duh it only makes sense. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: pmshop
To all, do a search for Litchi Waypoint posts I have made, those discussions may answer a lot of your questions.
I have 3 Litchi waypoint missions and an orbit mission so far posted in these forums.

thanks, back when I used mission hub litchi was not compatible with the spark and waypoints.

thanks, back when I used mission hub litchi was not compatible with the spark and waypoints.

Yes, it is a beta 2.5 available now.
For iOS, you have to give litchi your Apple ID so they can invite you through the app store.
For Android, you just go to Google Play

It certainly does void the manufacturer's warranty!
DJI cannot be held responsible for 3rd party apps.
How do I know?
Can you produce a DJI Log File from Litchi or AutoPilot?
No.
That is what they need for warranty consideration.

However, your DJI Care Refresh would still cover any damage.
No it doesn't.
Why do you think DJI in their infinite wisdom would release the SDK to the outside world?
Running third party software (which has to use the SDK) does NOT invalidate any warranty and never has done.

So a Spark crashes because of Litchi and DJI will cover the crash?
Sorry, It just doesn't work that way.
OK, so, you might want to sit down so you can understand this.
Various flight log data is recorded internally within the aircraft irrespective of what app is being used (this is how DJI analyse crash data). This data can be accessed/downloaded independently once the aircraft is connected via USB.
For your information, yes, both Litchi and Autopilot log their own data within the app and this can also be accessed via various software packages (like Airdata for example).
Now to your question (I'll type this slowly so you can grasp the concept)....
If, upon analysis of the flight log data, DJI determines a crash was due to failure of hardware or their firmware, then obviously it would be covered under warranty. Furthermore, if a failure was determined to be due to an error within the SDK (an incorrect command or perameter was passed to the flight controller for example) then again, DJI would cover the loss since it would be directly attributable to their software.
If however it was determined a bug within the third party software caused a crash or failure then no, DJI would not honour any warranty claim.
Simply loading and running a third party application however does not invalidate or preclude any claim under a specific or implied warranty.
I hope that helps explain the situation.

OK, so, you might want to sit down so you can understand this.
Various flight log data is recorded internally within the aircraft irrespective of what app is being used (this is how DJI analyse crash data). This data can be accessed/downloaded independently once the aircraft is connected via USB.
For your information, yes, both Litchi and Autopilot log their own data within the app and this can also be accessed via various software packages (like Airdata for example).
Now to your question (I'll type this slowly so you can grasp the concept)....
If, upon analysis of the flight log data, DJI determines a crash was due to failure of hardware or their firmware, then obviously it would be covered under warranty. Furthermore, if a failure was determined to be due to an error within the SDK (an incorrect command or perameter was passed to the flight controller for example) then again, DJI would cover the loss since it would be directly attributable to their software.
If however it was determined a bug within the third party software caused a crash or failure then no, DJI would not honour any warranty claim.
Simply loading and running a third party application however does not invalidate or preclude any claim under a specific or implied warranty.
I hope that helps explain the situation.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Please sit down and I will type this slowly so you can understand...
LITCHI IS NOT DJI SOFTWARE!

Sure the SDK is...but the software is not.

Just take your chances with the software people and know that any mishap MAY NOT BE covered by DJI MANUFACTURE warranty.
Oh - you really just don't get how implied/specific warranties work do you. (Retorical).
Read my post again (slowly) and ask for help on parts you do not understand.
I'll break it down one more time so that even you can understand it......
If the hypothetical failure is attributed to the third party application then no, DJI wouldn't cover the loss.
If the (hypothetical) crash/loss was due to a failure on any part of DJI hardware/software/firmware (including the SDK) then yes it would be covered.
Simply loading and using 3rd party apps does not invalidate any warranty unless the loss can be directly attributed to the 3rd party product.
There - how was that. Got it now?

Oh - you really just don't get how implied/specific warranties work do you. (Retorical).
Read my post again (slowly) and ask for help on parts you do not understand.
I'll break it down one more time so that even you can understand it......
If the hypothetical failure is attributed to the third party application then no, DJI wouldn't cover the loss.
If the (hypothetical) crash/loss was due to a failure on any part of DJI hardware/software/firmware (including the SDK) then yes it would be covered.
Simply loading and using 3rd party apps does not invalidate any warranty unless the loss can be directly attributed to the 3rd party product.
There - how was that. Got it now?

From DJI Themselves:
"Hi there. Again, we do not recommend our Customer to use any third-party application because this may void your warranty if you encounter any issue when using the third-party app. We still advise our Customer to use the DJI Go/DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for your understanding."
Link to the conversation:
Spark waypoint mission with Litchi

The Editor, please do not pass on any more bad information.

Last edited:
Yes I do - from DJI Themselves:
"Hi there. Again, we do not recommend our Customer to use any third-party application because this may void your warranty if you encounter any issue when using the third-party app. We still advise our Customer to use the DJI Go/DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for your understanding."
Link to the conversation:
Spark waypoint mission with Litchi

Now do YOU understand?

And I see you are changing your explanation too.

The Editor, please do not pass on any more bad information.
Oh, and here's me thinking you had blocked me a few posts up - I guess I couldn't be that lucky. Obviously you just can't help yourself and feel the need to propagate spurious bits of information that taken out of context manage to convince yourself of your unfaltering accuracy.
At no point have I changed my explanation. You edited your original post in an effort to mitigate the nonsense you were sprouting which was basically, the mere fact you load and use a third party application would void your warranty under DJI Draconian terms.
I have always stipulated that this is not the case and the fault would need to be proven beyond doubt that the 3rd party app caused the incident.
You also (erronously) stated that log files are not recorded and cannot be extracted from the likes of Litchi/Autopilot which of course anyone with an inkling of an understanding of those software products will know that your comment is completely wrong.

Although DJI script readers (help desk non technical employees) are there to serve a purpose, giving legal advice certainly isn't one of them - actually giving decent technical advice isn't exactly in their remit either but I digress.

I really fail to to understand why you cannot comprehend the difference between a fault caused by a third party application (not covered) to one that is not attributable to said application (which under law would be covered).
It seem basic English understanding eludes you and for that I apologise for pushing your cerebral functions beyond their limits.
How about I just agree and say "Hell yes" you are so right - using any third party application for which the SDK was specifically released (by DJI) and for which only those parameters which DJI allow to be modified and communicated with via the SDK onto the firmware (and thus Flight Controller) will completely absolve DJI of all warranty claims either implied or otherwise unless the end user is utilising the DJI Go application or other application that DJI may release either now or at a future date.

There that should make you so happy that you believe you have the correct end of the stick and an unfloundering belief that DJI technical help personnel are also experts on contract law.

Have a lovely day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh, and here's me thinking you had blocked me a few posts up - I guess I couldn't be that lucky. Obviously you just can't help yourself and feel the need to propagate spurious bits of information that taken out of context manage to convince yourself of your unfaltering accuracy.
At no point have I changed my explanation. You edited your original post in an effort to mitigate the nonsense you were sprouting which was basically, the mere fact you load and use a third party application would void your warranty under DJI Draconian terms.
I have always stipulated that this is not the case and the fault would need to be proven beyond doubt that the 3rd party app caused the incident.
You also (erronously) stated that log files are not recorded and cannot be extracted from the likes of Litchi/Autopilot which of course anyone with an inkling of an understanding of those software products will know that your comment is completely wrong.

Although DJI script readers (help desk non technical employees) are there to serve a purpose, giving legal advice certainly isn't one of them - actually giving decent technical advice isn't exactly in their remit either but I digress.

I really fail to to understand why you cannot comprehend the difference between a fault caused by a third party application (not covered) to one that is not attributable to said application (which under law would be covered).
It seem basic English understanding eludes you and for that I apologise for pushing your cerebral functions beyond their limits.
How about I just agree and say "Hell yes" you are so right - using any third party application for which the SDK was specifically released (by DJI) and for which only those parameters which DJI allow to be modified and communicated with via the SDK onto the firmware (and thus Flight Controller) will completely absolve DJI of all warranty claims either implied or otherwise unless the end user is utilising the DJI Go application or other application that DJI may release either now or at a future date.

There that should make you so happy that you believe you have the correct end of the stick and an unfloundering belief that DJI technical help personnel are also experts on contract law.

Have a lovely day. :rolleyes:
Boy are you ignorant! You have no idea what ur talking about.
Have a nice day[emoji24]

Well it would be nice if everybody could just get along ... No need for making personal stabs and jabs.

It seems to me that some real world examples would clear this up, is there anybody out there that has had a third-party related crash which then DJI repaired their drone under warranty?

sounds like a pissing contest. can't we all just get along. your opinion may not be mine but I won't belittle you and try to make you out to be a *******.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex