Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FAA registration Identification

Gary Benzion

Join
May 1, 2018
As all of you know (or should know) in the US drones in the Spark weight category must be FAA registered and the registration ID posted on the drone body. Since I abhor the look of sharpie or other types of markers I used a flat label maker with transparent tape to attach my FAA registration number on both sides of the drone. This is what it looks like, with parts blocked out for obvious reasons. I also labeled my batteries (1, 2, 3...) in the same manner. FAA registration.jpg Enjoy.

That is a great idea, I like the clear label.
Off to shop for a label maker now.
Could put your phone number on there as well in case of fly away.

Reactions: Richard Skaggs
Clear labels! Cool. In Canada we have to put all our info, name, address telephone, shoe size, sexual preference, favourite food, etc..... :D there's hardly enough room and it covers the top of the aircraft in nasty white tape. So clear would look a little better! They say that one of our drone law changes coming this fall may require less of that info (and I am kidding about anything stated past the telephone number, just in case you thought we are really that nuts up here!) which makes privacy advocates like me a little happier.

I used a label maker and stuck it inside my battery compartment so it’s not shown on the outside. If it flies away at least it’s on the drone. I also done this with all my RC planes, inside the canopies.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
I placed my registration number inside of the battery compartment too. It keeps the sticker safe and I don't have to look at it ;)

8.jpg

Clear labels! Cool. In Canada we have to put all our info, name, address telephone, shoe size, sexual preference, favourite food, etc..... :D there's hardly enough room and it covers the top of the aircraft in nasty white tape. So clear would look a little better! They say that one of our drone law changes coming this fall may require less of that info (and I am kidding about anything stated past the telephone number, just in case you thought we are really that nuts up here!) which makes privacy advocates like me a little happier.

Dude or Dude ette that was f'n hilarious. Hey we're both in North America, difference is we have Trump and you are lucky. Oh snap what have I started, lol. Plus you have all those Lithium and Cobalt Jr miners up there. Big fan of those too. Cheers! Fly Safe and don't load down you spark with too may labels.

Dude or Dude ette that was f'n hilarious. Hey we're both in North America, difference is we have Trump and you are lucky. Oh snap what have I started, lol. Plus you have all those Lithium and Cobalt Jr miners up there. Big fan of those too. Cheers! Fly Safe and don't load down you spark with too may labels.

Its Dude! (dont have the legs to be a dude-ette, though i could do the bearded lady thing I susppose!!) Canada is the land of regulation, and while that might seem oppressive to some, it has its merits too. I'm leaving my politics at the door as best I can, so no comment..... I have family in the states, and friends on both sides ot the aisle, so keeping my stick on the ice here. Glad my post made you laugh, we need more of that in this world.

I placed my registration number inside of the battery compartment too. It keeps the sticker safe and I don't have to look at it ;)
I also used my P-Touch label maker to make similar labels and installed them in the same place. I included my FAA number as well as my phone number. I also installed the same label on the inside of each battery. I tried to stick an FAA number label on the outside of my Spark but the label did not stick well at all to the textured surface.

I included my FAA number as well as my phone number.
Good thinking. That information will no doubt be useful if someone finds your lost drone.

LabelStyle2.jpg

Or stickers like this for your remote controller or other accessories:

1.jpg

is the FAA registration (107) per drone or per pilot ( i have 2 drones)

And what if you sell or return a drone after registration

Now i am confused and may have made a mistake
I own a spark and a MP - should i be 107 or 336 - I only use it for recreation and taking videos for memory

As all of you know (or should know) in the US drones in the Spark weight category must be FAA registered and the registration ID posted on the drone body. Since I abhor the look of sharpie or other types of markers I used a flat label maker with transparent tape to attach my FAA registration number on both sides of the drone. This is what it looks like, with parts blocked out for obvious reasons. I also labeled my batteries (1, 2, 3...) in the same manner. View attachment 5712 Enjoy.
I was under the impression the spark did not need to be registered But now I know. What is the registration procedure? Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex