Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Facebook Live

It won't work that way. You are using the phone's Wi-Fi to control the Spark. The only way I have found to use any live stream is to use the controller and the OTG adapter. That connection frees up the Wi-Fi or data connection to live stream.

I was able to use Facebook Live using the remote controller and no OTG cable.

Lucas

It won't work that way. You are using the phone's Wi-Fi to control the Spark. The only way I have found to use any live stream is to use the controller and the OTG adapter. That connection frees up the Wi-Fi or data connection to live stream.
OK thanks.
That's what I have found.
So people who didn't buy the fly-more combo, can't live stream it seems?
Seems a bit silly... considering, it should be pretty simple to use WiFi to control (talk) to the Spark and then use 4G/LTE etc to stream? I'm sure in future updates, that's how it will work eventually.

I was able to use Facebook Live using the remote controller and no OTG cable.

Lucas
yeah me too.
Phone's Wifi to connect to your remote, remote connects to your Spark.
As I mention above, it should be possible with Phone only.... hopefully sometime soon!
I'm actually asking for another reason.... I want to use the Spark as a fixed cam, live stream device. I'll mount it on a (fixed) pole to live stream Sport to FB... then when I wanna take some aerial shots, take it off mount, and fly.
It seems, I can't do it without remote which is a pain as it means, I have to keep power supplied to 2-3 devices.

Ahhh it seems, you can do it on iOS version of Go 4, not Android? (Connect to Spark via WiFi and stream through your Mobile phone connection)

Reactions: Alex A.
I have found an OTG cable laying around so I decided to try it out. Plugged it into my Nexus 6P and immediately asked about which app I'd like to use to perform this action. After selecting the GO 4 app, my phone started charging off the Sparks remote controller. I have tried connecting to the remote, and it did enable the live stream feature but it kept saying aircraft disconnected, and I wouldn't be able to fly BUT I was able to see all the options on the screen, just like you see when you fly it (that's how I saw that the live stream was enabled and there). Once I switched the connection to the Spark in my wifi settings, I gained access to the drone but live stream wasn't there at all. On the other hand, if I connect the Spark to an iPhone, live stream works immediately. Not quite sure what's going on and I don't seem to find any tutorials about this topic. In addition, just so I can make sure that it isn't my Nexus 6P that is messing up, I have also tried the same things with a Pixel. When I plugged in the remote controller with the OTG cable to the Pixel, the Pixel didn't even ask about how to perform the action.

If your phone is charging your remote control, doesnt it mean that the host side is wrong?

You should have an option on your phone. Usually the phone has a pop-up notification asking if you'd like to "charge this device", "transfer files" etc. If you don't see the pop-up notification, you ought be able to find it in settings and enable it so everytime you connect you'd be asked!
If your phone is charging your remote control, doesnt it mean that the host side is wrong?

In my case, when I plugged in the cable at first, my phone was charging the remote, then I had changed it so it can get power from the remote of the spark!

you should plug the thing to the phone first. after your rc light is green, then plug in the other end to the rc.

Reactions: sparkpod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast