Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Failed to format SD Card error

nija_geezer

Join
Mar 7, 2021
Hi all just got the DJI spark recently from my brother ,i have popped one of my nearly new Sandisk extreme pro 64 into the spark and it will not format it .i have tested the card and it works fine in my mavic air 2 and used some testing software on the PCto check the card .is the card too fast for the spark or is it something else.

Hi all just got the DJI spark recently from my brother ,i have popped one of my nearly new Sandisk extreme pro 64 into the spark and it will not format it .i have tested the card and it works fine in my mavic air 2 and used some testing software on the PCto check the card .is the card too fast for the spark or is it something else.
Is your memory card formatted with the exFAT file system? If so, try formatting it with FAT32 instead and it should work. The MA2 handles both file systems but the Spark is FAT32 only.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
nope tried fat 32 and exfat both the same no joy.
tells me the card needs replacing !!

Reactions: RotorWash
Sorted it was the lager pro cards just not compatible with the Spark,ive put a basic extreme 32gb card in works fine just did not like the pro 64 or the pro 128,worth knowing if anyone else gets and issue with the spark and sd cards.;)

Reactions: Haggi and RotorWash
Sorted it was the lager pro cards just not compatible with the Spark,ive put a basic extreme 32gb card in works fine just did not like the pro 64 or the pro 128,worth knowing if anyone else gets and issue with the spark and sd cards.;)
Here's the one I have and it works fine in my Spark. Is it different from what you have?

sanextpro64.jpg

Here's the one I have and it works fine in my Spark. Is it different from what you have?

View attachment 13732
Yep thats the one i have in 64 and 128 . i can get them to record in the spark but no way will they format in the spark .
the extreme 32 non pro works fine.

I can format my 64 in the Spark without issue. The manual states up to 64 max so I guess being able to record to the 128 is a bonus. :) Just a thought but maybe double-check your Spark's firmware version and make sure you're up to date (unless you have a reason not to be).

Reactions: nija_geezer
I can format my 64 in the Spark without issue. The manual states up to 64 max so I guess being able to record to the 128 is a bonus. :) Just a thought but maybe double-check your Spark's firmware version and make sure you're up to date (unless you have a reason not to be).
hi yes i am running a modded firmware to extend range in fcc mode so i am guessing this is why.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit