Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Farthest real life flight distance with no MODS?

strobing_nyc

Join
Dec 25, 2017
am a proud owner of the DJI Spark and enjoy seeing just Ihow far this little bird will fly. Always in LOS the best I have flown so far is 6,364 feet. Just wondering what others are getting with there Spark?

Screenshot_20180202-190331.jpg

am a proud owner of the DJI Spark and enjoy seeing just Ihow far this little bird will fly. Always in LOS the best I have flown so far is 6,364 feet. Just wondering what others are getting with there Spark?

View attachment 3292

Are you really telling us you can see the Spark from over a mile away? o_O

Anyway, yes I can see it at night 1.2 miles away we stand on a small hill. So what's the distance others are getting?

**** xD all he wanted was to see what others are getting in distance o_O where I used to live I got it to go out (with only OTG) to 2500ft away, maybe 3000ft on a good day. Was a few months ago though when it was still the latest drone with quirks and all.

Happy flying :)

I got 500m distance, then realised that if I fly any further I would be in breach of the Air Navigation Order under UK law so turned round and came back to take off point.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Very nice! I looked at the area your flying in, seems you took off from a small hill I'm sure that really helps along with the fact your flying over water. Great flight and great images!
You still had some battery left over, you didn't want to push anymore or did you start to loose signal?

Very nice! I looked at the area your flying in, seems you took off from a small hill I'm sure that really helps along with the fact your flying over water. Great flight and great images!
You still had some battery left over, you didn't want to push anymore or did you start to loose signal?
I'm curious also. Never flew mine "far" yet.

5983 ft then I lost signal and it came back. Didn’t feel like fiddling with my antenna orientation to see if I could better since I was staring to get a bit worried about battery life. At that point it is really hard to keep it in sight. I would like to imagine the dot was my spark and not a speck on my glasses.

My recent record in distance is 1206m (nearly 4000ft) on CE with no mods, using only parabolic booster LIKE THIS.

Before I bought that booster, I was able to fly 800m, still too much to maintain visual line of sight.
I feel pretty uncomfortable when I cannot see my bird, so I tried to do long distance run only like 3-4 times and every single time I made sure that if something happened, the bird will fall down onto meadows/forest with no people around.

Attachments

• distance.jpg
    distance.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 35
I'm not generally a fan of going real far versus just starting closer to what I want to shoot but I did want to fly along an old abandoned (since the 30s) pier that goes miles out into the water. Made it just about exactly 5k feet before the video feed started getting shaky enough I decided just to flip it around and film the return trip. No issues. Some day if I get the hypothetical Phantom 5 I'll have to see if I can film all 2.5 miles but with the Spark there really wasn't any point in pushing it.

Reactions: Hddeuce03

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar