Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Filters or no filters?

Yeah I will definitely order an nd32, ski days will be too bright. Are all spark nd filter polarized?

Yeah I will definitely order an nd32, ski days will be too bright. Are all spark nd filter polarized?
No, most of them are not. If they are labeled like ND32 CP or PL, then they are but they are less common.

I don’t bother with ND filters on my Spark. I use them with my Phantom, due to its wide range of camera settings. I would think that lens filters would be hard on the Spark’s delicate/small gimbal.
It has been a prob, but the new polar pros 2.0 version solved that, I enjoy them they fit perfect

I wonder if you post edit your footage to be 24fps if the cinematic result won't be the same as it will slow down the frames?

I finally ordered my dji spark fly more, now I am checking if I need some accessories, so are filters really useful or you can just control shutter speed by lowering the iso, and are cpl as effective as on dslr? I mean will a polarizing filter make the sky more blue?
If yes should I pick an Anbee (on amazon) cpl and nd 16 or take a nd 32 if I just want 2 filters? And please no polarpro, I have found them overpriced

what did you end up getting? how are they? gimbal overload?

Has anyone used these yet?

I got this set of 4 from Amazon for $30...

F171B78D-E683-4E86-B929-7E2010CC539C.jpeg

Now I always use ND filter. Really improved the video quality. I was gonna try the cheap ones before upgrading to Freewell but I don't see any reason to spend more than $30.

Here is direct link if you want to research or buy:
https://amzn.to/2x11t0p

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
I will try the anbee nd16 tomorrow if the sun is strong enough, it looks pretty good on the camera

I have been flying Spark for two years now, but think that this droner gives the best results without a filter.
I tested this with FREEWELL filter set, but clearly gave worse results than without filter.
Needed correction is easiest in image editing afterwards.
DJI Spark provides very nice colors and exposure directly from the box.

I run a CPL exclusively, and constantly. My spark shoots incredibly well with it in low light, as well as full sunlight... even better than my P3S with a cpl attached (which took a lot of counter balancing!).

For the Spark, I believe mine is a YoX, it was >$20 off Amazon, and simply snaps on the front of the lens assy. No clip wrapping around the back for added weight and gimbal errors. I do occasionally see a gimbal overload after flying hard in sport mode for a few mins, but tbh, I had them without the filter just as often.

Initially I worried this simple design might not hold on during sudden stops, stressful maneuvers, etc... but so far, its right where I put it months ago!

Just my $.03. [emoji868]
Hey there! Got a link? I'm glad to hear the filters without the back clip stay on, but I want to get ones that have been tested like yours. Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef