Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Finally a chance to fly - Spin above Oakville, Canada

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Weather has been really anti-Spark lately, but Sunday was an unusually warm and windless day, and I happened to be in the city for the weekend (very rare event indeed) so I had to go up for a few minutes, I was jones-ing to fly. Ended up showing my dear old mother (95 years young) how the Spark flies. The sky was hazy but later it improved, did not have a second chance to get up though.

One of these days I will get the nerve to fly around a little, I am trying to stick to the rules however, so in this instance, I was inline.

Cheers

Just checked your NAVCOM reading when you said you barely get 9 sats.
You should be getting 10-15
You might have a fault with your craft???
I did on my original AC and 3rd replacement.

Check your sats here:
Visibility

Edit your location as needed (I took a guess)

Wow, thats a cool site. Actually, I let it sit on the take off pad for about 45 seconds for that flight and got 12 before I went up. However, I dont think that site's technology accounts for heavily treed cover. Those are Eucalyptus trees and they really leaf up big. So the "hole" up to the sky is much smaller except for in winter. You can sort of see that in the last few seconds of the video. Up north where things are quite open, I usually see 14 at least when on the ground. Your guess was close, about a mile off, to the south west.

Reactions: pmshop
That much canopy?
WOW!

Ya, the town of Oakville (which resembles a city more than a town) is loaded with old growth trees, its a richy-rich kinda world (though our family is not so much, got in when it was much cheaper). So the canopy is thick for sure, as folks with money like shade apparently! :p

All those homes you see between me and the lake are 4 to10 million to buy these days, that long strip of land you can see down to the lake at 2:15 is estimated to fetch 20 million if it ever sells, there is some absentee owner there, you can see a driveway to nothing if you look carefully. Unreal.

As for the canopy, back in the summer I moved the spark around on the ground under those trees, and only found once spot where I could get 10, and the rest of it, no GPS, ATTI mode. My internal chickcen kicked in back then!

Nice little town there! ;) Is that where you go to college? :D And what is this "NAVCOM" thing? I'm not familiar with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast