Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Finally got the guts

Awesome, did you have something in particular to shoot or just doing it for the kicks?

It was a nice day out today, so I took her up to 397 feet, and 750 out man she was a speck, lost orientation once but no big deal. Didn't have any fear either

If you lose orientation, look at the red triangle in the lower left map of the app to see which way the aircraft is pointing.

It was a nice day out today, so I took her up to 397 feet, and 750 out man she was a speck, lost orientation once but no big deal. Didn't have any fear either

My top height has been 150m, circa 450ft, which is the legal limit here for registered RPAV. Talking about distance, I never went beyond 200m, circa 600ft. And I'm using sport mode a lot, it's freaking fun

That’s cool man!
I remember the first time I took my drone up up and away... felt liberating! Nowadays, I often fly shots where I basically only know where the drone is because I am looking at the camera footage, and it doesn’t bother me at all anymore... it’s only when the connection becomes weak that suddenly you realize how much you are depending on the cideo feed... :)

Well done you - i still nervous when the sparky gets too far away! Was up highish yesterday and had no idea where the view I was looking at was!! Only when I re-ran the footage did I recognize the places.
Am looking for a place that I can test the limits but get the Spark back if I loose it.

Well done you - i still nervous when the sparky gets too far away! Was up highish yesterday and had no idea where the view I was looking at was!! Only when I re-ran the footage did I recognize the places.
Am looking for a place that I can test the limits but get the Spark back if I loose it.

To test the Mavic I found a road along some recently mowed fields, and made it fly on the fields but always near the road, so that if it fell I always could drive very close to it and see it well. Then at 2 kilometers I pussied out and called it back :)

I fly with a mini4 and have a larger display than a phone and displays both at the same time.

I believe if you tap your map screen, it will toggle to the radar screen?

It saves space on the display if flying with a phone .

I fly with a mini4 and have a larger display than a phone and displays both at the same time.

I believe if you tap your map screen, it will toggle to the radar screen?

It saves space on the display if flying with a phone .
Yeah, it shows there, but for some reason this flight I wasn't showing up on the map

Nice one, it's always fun pushing the limits of what the little drone can do. Wait till you try 400ft in FPV!

Reactions: Hansen
I wouldn't want to admit how many times (in my beginning days) I put one of my drones up, stood there nervously looking at it and then brought it back down. Now, I'm more comfortable and go for longer flights. It's all fun and (for me) part of the learning process.

I wouldn't want to admit how many times (in my beginning days) I put one of my drones up, stood there nervously looking at it and then brought it back down. Now, I'm more comfortable and go for longer flights. It's all fun and (for me) part of the learning process.
I hear that! I did the same thing, since this flight I have done it 3 more times

If you lose orientation, look at the red triangle in the lower left map of the app to see which way the aircraft is pointing.

+1000! Best advice. Took me a few flights to realize this but what a difference in psyche!

Reactions: idbl_fanatic
A few days ago I reached 300m distance for the first time. I could actually see the Flytron strobe lights I attached (a cloudy day made it easier), though I used the map and arrow when I flew it back. The most difficult part was looking down at the iPad screen to check signal strength, battery, and FPV, and then looking up and finding it again. I have to take careful note of landmarks so I know where to look to re-find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena