Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware .700 has arrived

Yep gone, release notes now mention 701 but it's apparently not offered for download yet.

.701 available in the UK. Updated and just took a couple of 360 spheres on an overcast day here in the UK. It takes 46 shots in about 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds and the generation of the photosphere is quick.

Within in DJI GO 4 it only seems to represent the sphere in tiny planet view which rotates slowly creating a nice affect. If you export to camera roll on the iPhone it's a panoramic file, if you upload to sky pixel it starts as a tiny planet and then zooms in to a sphere which I did not realise it would do. Stitching is not perfect between the two edges of the panorama but its a dull day here.

If you share to Facebook rather than use the good 360 viewer in Facebook it'll link to sky pixel which is a shame, they're obviously pushing the use of sky pixel quite hard.

It does however save the files to the SD Card so you can use your 360 software of choice on your computer.

Everything else worked as normal with the firmware.

Last edited:
Does .700 still support OTG connection ?
I've just upgraded the firmware and realized the OTG cable caused intermittent connection with the RC.

Also, when I used wifi connection, the 'custom' option could not be changed to 2.4 rather than 5.8.

.701 available in the UK. Updated and just took a couple of 360 spheres on an overcast day here in the UK. It takes 46 shots in about 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds and the generation of the photosphere is quick.

Within in DJI GO 4 it only seems to represent the sphere in tiny planet view which rotates slowly creating a nice affect. If you export to camera roll on the iPhone it's a panoramic file, if you upload to sky pixel it starts as a tiny planet and then zooms in to a sphere which I did not realise it would do. Stitching is not perfect between the two edges of the panorama but its a dull day here.

If you share to Facebook rather than use the good 360 viewer in Facebook it'll link to sky pixel which is a shame, they're obviously pushing the use of sky pixel quite hard.

It does however save the files to the SD Card so you can use your 360 software of choice on your computer.

Everything else worked as normal with the firmware.
Thanks for the report.

Does it tilt the camera up? Hangar does a good job with 360s and shares directly to FB but does not raise the camera.

Thanks for the report.

Does it tilt the camera up? Hangar does a good job with 360s and shares directly to FB but does not raise the camera.

Yes it does tilt the camera up, and it fills in the sky rather than the Hangar 360 logo, sadly though it centres the initial view with the two ends of the panorama dead centre so on this overcast day in the UK you see the stitch line. SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

p.s. thats with about 1.7+ of exposure compensation, and the day was actually not that dark. I think their processing engine needs some light to work effectively.

Reactions: Floyd-Spark
Thanks, good to know about the tilting and the result is not too bad given the conditions. I suppose flying it up to 300ft like Hangar would help too.

It's too bad DJI force you to use that Sky thingy, well I suppose you can do your own stitching with ICE or PTGui and then upload it to FB.

For info 700 included a battery update, which was rolled back in 701 (i.e. battery FW is same in 701 as in 600). That's the only difference between the 2, and a DJI rep has recommended not to fly with 700 if you updated to that (but it means you must make sure to update to 701 with the same battery you updated to 700 with).

Oh! I just updated to 700 here in Australia...so do I not fly until I update to 701?

Sorry...my bad! The update is 701...I assume there is no 360 Pano for me yet as I am on Android 4.1.10 of the Go4 app?

OTG worked for me after I did the update. Have only had one flight since then though, but I did use the cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy