Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware .700 has arrived

I've flown a few times today after the 701 update...all good no problems.

OK,

I had 6 flights after upgrade and had problems with every single one of them. As I told, sometimes I get the problem right at beginning and sometimes after some minutes of flight time.

App starts to show "no connection",I get a single frame of video every few seconds. At the same time I loose GPS (ATTI or Vision mode) - but all the time i can control the spark with the RC without problem, so problem only between phone and RC.

I am downgading to .600 just now an will try if the problems goes away. To be sure it't not some other problem I am seeing.

I can't understand how the firmware upgrade could interfere with OTG, which is only between controller and phone, not between the spark and phone directly... But the test should show if it is really the firmware.

Thanks,
- Oliver

I upgraded to .700 yesterday on the second battery I had the controller disconnect,the spark returned to home fine but this is the first time I’ve had my controller disconnect there is nothing you can do the app says disconnected as well all you can do is hope it rth ok.not sure if this is a bug in the new firmware as like I say this is the first time the controller has ever disconnected it’s self

So it seems like everybody is having a disconnect with the new update. I just recently updated the drone and flew it in an area where there was no GPS signal but no wind and it was inside, and I tested it before to make sure it was fine. All of a sudden the drone lost control and just ran into a wall. Luckily the drone was fine. I then tested the drone outside at my local park as I get plenty of GPS signal and NO disconnects, but when I was flying, it lost connectivity to my phone and had NO control whatsoever. It had asked if i wanted the drone to RTH which I accepted but said it would not work due to the disconnect. This definitely worried me as I NEVER got this issue before.

So it seems like everybody is having a disconnect with the new update.

No issues whatsoever for me and I upgraded very early on. Have flown about 10 batteries since then. iPhone 7 plus on iOS 10 (not upgraded) and an OTG cable.

No issues whatsoever for me and I upgraded very early on. Have flown about 10 batteries since then. iPhone 7 plus on iOS 10 (not upgraded) and an OTG cable.
I don’t think otg cable would make a difference as it was controller to spark that disconnected which makes the spark return to home after something like 3 seconds.i flew another battery after and it was fine,I know this was an issue with .500 firmware and was fixed in .600 just wondering if issue has returned in .700

I don’t think otg cable would make a difference as it was controller to spark that disconnected which makes the spark return to home after something like 3 seconds.i flew another battery after and it was fine,I know this was an issue with .500 firmware and was fixed in .600 just wondering if issue has returned in .700

OK but as I said, 10 batteries in and its fine with me so its not affecting everyone.

I'm using WiFi not the OTG cable and using a 2012 Nexus 7 (Android) tablet, no problems at all after the upgrade...

Hi,

I went down to .600 again and still have the problem. "no signal" displayed when using OTG cable. So it was coincidence or going to 701 and back to 600 broke something. :( Strange. Never had this problem before, started after upgrade to 701.

I just saw this thread and was lamenting about having to do a firmware upgrade on my Mavic. Thanks gosh I'm late to the game. Gonna wait a bit before doing the Spark. Funny thing is, I flew the Spark a couple days ago and no mention of an update on the GO app.

Great, thank you. Found it at APKMirror
There is a 4.1.15 version on that site. Question here, are the apps on apkmirror official or supported? I mean are they from dji or they are unofficial? Is it safe to fly tye drone with these apps higher than 4.1.10 on android?

Nothing new observed. More than that, When I press return to home it's landing at 2-3 meters away from the start point. Calibrated ok. Loses signal at 5 meters away and video is missing on the phone. Very hard connects and there is a risky moment to lose it Anyway, I am sure that is returning after battery low warning, but where is landing... Remains to find out. I am very sorry about it. Is new. Bought it 3 months ago.

There is a 4.1.15 version on that site. Question here, are the apps on apkmirror official or supported? I mean are they from dji or they are unofficial? Is it safe to fly tye drone with these apps higher than 4.1.10 on android?
I'm not sure, I downloaded the v4.1.14, but haven't installed it yet for Android. I think it is sometimes worth the wait till officially released by DJI, especially considering the quick release of firmware 701. Unless, I'm too chicken....??

Hi!

I've updatedmy Spark yesterday.
Since then the Smart video modes has disappeared when the Spark is connected via the controller
When the drone directly linke dwith the SMARTphone no problem, but if with controller no icon for smart modes exist
I've unsinstalled and resinstalled the sw(IOS) but no change.
Anyony with the same issue? Hints?
Thanks
Istvan

Hi!

I've updatedmy Spark yesterday.
Since then the Smart video modes has disappeared when the Spark is connected via the controller
When the drone directly linke dwith the SMARTphone no problem, but if with controller no icon for smart modes exist
I've unsinstalled and resinstalled the sw(IOS) but no change.
Anyony with the same issue? Hints?
Thanks
Istvan

The controller is not in sports mode is it, just a thought? I have never seen this on my Spark, but on the Mavic the quickshots are not always available, need to restart the Mavic to get them back.

One thing they did fix in this release is the missing metadata in the video files meaning they'll import in to Adobe Lightroom successfully.

Hi all

After the fw upgrade i dont see anymore the slider to.set the distance in the quickshot modes. This is annoying, i cannoy set the distance to dronie, or skyrocket, helix etc....just like it was back then before the. 600 was released. It seems that with. 701 i m back to square one with no customization of the distance of the quickshot modes. Anyone with the same behavior?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis