Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware won’t update

Ckimbrough18

Join
Aug 5, 2018
Hello everyone. Looking for some advice here. I am trying to update to the new firmware for my spark and it stays at 0% for about a minute and then times out. It took some update yesterday and now it will takes off of the helipad but won’t go anywhere. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks,
Charles

Hi Charles
I’ve just had the exact same problem. Its sent the report to DJI. If I get any word back I’ll let you know. I did however manage to fly it without the update.

Same results here. Tried several times the other day with no luck. Sent error report to DJI. Maybe its best it didnt happen.

I just managed to get it to take the update. I must have tried 30 times. But to get it to work, I had to disconnect the OTG cable and connect via WiFi. No problems after that. Hope this helps you guys also.

I just managed to get it to take the update. I must have tried 30 times. But to get it to work, I had to disconnect the OTG cable and connect via WiFi. No problems after that. Hope this helps you guys also.
You found the answer before I could say it! Yes, the OTG cable should not be connected. It is better to update using DJI Assistant with a direct USB connection to the bird.

Reactions: jhecy
I’ve just did it there and it worked fine for me connecting via WiFi. Even updated the remote as well as the bird!

yes upgrade firmware using Dji Assistant 2 much better,but we have to update Dji Assistant 2 to version V1.2.4,first.

Reactions: jhecy
Hello everyone. Looking for some advice here. I am trying to update to the new firmware for my spark and it stays at 0% for about a minute and then times out. It took some update yesterday and now it will takes off of the helipad but won’t go anywhere. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks,
Charles
had issues also updating my spark... tried doing that via DJI Assistant 2 application (Mac OS), and it worked like a charm... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme