Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fly More Activation

actionjack

Join
Jul 13, 2017
Good evening.

I initially could not figure out how to activate my Spark and had to find the answer. It may already be here but I found it else where.

Apologies if this is already here - just trying to help out.

The Fly More Spark SSID will not show up on your device to activate it because the Spark is already paired to the included remote. Turn on both the remote and the Spark and link the device to the REMOTE network.

"The Spark FlyMore Combo package includes a fully featured Remote Control as part of the package. For people who have purchased the FlyMore Combo option, the Spark and it's Remote Controller have been "bound" at the DJI factory. In order to connect your phone / tablet, follow the following steps:

1) Power on the Sparks Remote Controller.

2) Power on the Spark aircraft.

3) On your phone / tablet, go to your WiFi settings and look for a WiFi network and it will have a "Spark RC" and a series of numbers.

4) On the bottom of the Spark Remote Controller is that same WiFi network and that specific WiFi password (which in all the Spark Remote Controllers I've seen is the same - 12341234 - but check your Remote Controller).

5) Select the Spark RC network and enter the password.

6) Your phone / tablet should now be connected to the Spark Remote Control - and that Remote Control is what talks to your Spark Air Craft."

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this - have to admit I got it "wrong" when I did it so it's definitely not obvious.... When I wanted to activate I thought I would get going without the RC first (despite having a fly more combo) then would move on to the RC later. As a result of what you detailed above I just couldn't get my phone to see my Spark's wifi. In the end after some quick googleing I ended up resetting the Spark's wifi settings (9 second power hold) then I was able to connect my phone. Then when I wanted to use the RC later I had to mess about getting that paired. It was all a bit of a headache that could even been avoided had I just realised that I needed to use the RC right from the get-go. Oh well... flying happily now!

Hi Bazpoint: I've got my RC connected but, when I want to use wifi, I have to press and hold until I hear the 2 beeps, then the Spark wifi appears. That's fine, but when I want To go back to the RC, I have to press and hold for the one beep. But then my RC will not connect to the Spark, unless I use the 'pause / function / special' buttons and force it to reconnect. Do you know if I'm making a mistake here - darn nuisance to have to reconnect the RC each time, after I've used wifi and just my phone.

Good evening.

I initially could not figure out how to activate my Spark and had to find the answer. It may already be here but I found it else where.

Apologies if this is already here - just trying to help out.

The Fly More Spark SSID will not show up on your device to activate it because the Spark is already paired to the included remote. Turn on both the remote and the Spark and link the device to the REMOTE network.

"The Spark FlyMore Combo package includes a fully featured Remote Control as part of the package. For people who have purchased the FlyMore Combo option, the Spark and it's Remote Controller have been "bound" at the DJI factory. In order to connect your phone / tablet, follow the following steps:

1) Power on the Sparks Remote Controller.

2) Power on the Spark aircraft.

3) On your phone / tablet, go to your WiFi settings and look for a WiFi network and it will have a "Spark RC" and a series of numbers.

4) On the bottom of the Spark Remote Controller is that same WiFi network and that specific WiFi password (which in all the Spark Remote Controllers I've seen is the same - 12341234 - but check your Remote Controller).

5) Select the Spark RC network and enter the password.

6) Your phone / tablet should now be connected to the Spark Remote Control - and that Remote Control is what talks to your Spark Air Craft."
Hello,
Yes, I did all that as well. I´ve also done a million other things including spending over 6 hours trying to get the Spark to connect to my phones WIFI, which I finally did. In the DJI Go4 app I get through all the setup steps and then at the "Confirm Your Activated Account" page, it will not activate, will not let me continue and keeps telling me to connect to a network. My internet is perfect/strong. I´ve had several chat sessions with DJI Tech Support and on the phone. Their solution? Do a Firmware update with the DJI Assistant 2. Did that. Still won´t activate. I'm also using a two year old Galaxy Tablet, they said that is too old. DJI, great products, eh?.You better use an Apple IPhone and it better not have been on the market more than a month or it´s too old and not designed to work with DJI products...LOL!
If anyone has any suggestions, I´m all ears and thanks.

BTW, I watched and closely followed the DJI Activation video for the Fly More Combo. In the video, it says to connect your phone to your controllers WIFI then go through the activation steps until you get to the sticks mode page...where you are then to disconnect your phone from the Aircraft WIFI and connect to your internet WIFI and then just Activate because it´s so easy. Right, except that it doesn´t work.
I pointed out the above in bold to their tech reps and they said, "Oops". Unfortunately, "Oops" doesn´t help me and they have no other answers because each tells me something different with each saying the other is wrong. Most just keep asking why I don´t have internet. My internet is perfect and I´ve told them 1000 times. Great company, huh?

Last edited:
We have all been down that road with our drones, sat there scratching our heads saying I wish I'd never brought it, your not the first and won't be the last ;)

Reactions: Sparkboy
Once I figured out that I needed to connect my device to the Remote Wi-Fi and not the spark Wi-Fi I haven't had any other problems. I do believe I activated my account exactly the way you described in your post it didn't work for you.

We have all been down that road with our drones, sat there scratching our heads saying I wish I'd never brought it, your not the first and won't be the last ;)
Thanks for the sympathy. One thing I did get out of a DJI Tech Rep, she said that I could activate the Fly More Combo mess on an iPhone 7 (I have a friend that has one). THEN it should work on my Galaxy tablet after signing in to the DJI GO4 app. Then again, there´s no guarantee it´s going to activate with the iPhone 7 either. I also got the OTG cable as I´ve read too many nightmares with the WIFI connection in flight, regardless of what device one is using.

Last edited:
Update....

Yep. Per my above post about the recommendation from the DJI Tech Rep....which I actually asked her about and she said it was worth a try, not her idea....I was able to EASILY Activate the Spark and get everything up and running within about 15 minutes (start to finish) using my friends iPhone 6 S+.
Then I went into my Galaxy S4, pulled up the DJI GO4 app and everything was already activated and ready to go. That´s where I am now. I only hope DJI doesn´t find out I was able to do this workaround as they´ll probably make their next update completely reject Android devices. :eek:
So DJI´s message to Android users is basically, "Screw you. Enjoy spending 20+ hours for nothing trying to activate our product with your Android device. Oh, and we won´t tell you that you really need an Apple device to avoid the frustration because we still want money from you Android people".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef