Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fly Safe Update not Loading

NutterBee

Join
Jul 7, 2019
I have been getting the update for Precise Fly Safe update... but I get it going and download it, but the actual update never loads... it just says retry after a couple minutes.
DB94320A-6A26-4B22-80FE-B18307F5E948.pngA410A786-A475-4952-8A79-770CCFFAEBDE.png

After downloading via home WiFi, you have to switch to the Spark WiFi to install the packet.

Have the Spark and controller near the home WiFi router for best results. It might take a few times of switching between the WiFi's before it takes.

This is another instance where an OTG cable becomes very useful. Connect AC-RC, connect the phone to home WiFi network (with internet), connect phone and RC with OTG. Now just launch the Go4 app and get any update installed seamlessly.

Yeah I thought that too... I had my phone connected to the RC via OTG and not so seem-less... It acts like the whole the will work and nothing.

I’ve had it up to 85% or so updating then it stops. Most of the time I get 0%?!?!?

But my map of airports are the hour glass look...

After downloading via home WiFi, you have to switch to the Spark WiFi to install the packet.

Have the Spark and controller near the home WiFi router for best results. It might take a few times of switching between the WiFi's before it takes.

Tried that too...

Yeah I thought that too... I had my phone connected to the RC via OTG and not so seem-less... It acts like the whole the will work and nothing.

I’ve had it up to 85% or so updating then it stops. Most of the time I get 0%?!?!?

But my map of airports are the hour glass look...

You have to be patient there. It does seem stuck at a certain percentage at times. To me it usually happens around the 60% mark. May be have the RC (with phone connected), AC and WiFi router close to one another and give another try?

Reactions: Spark 317
After 6+ months i am tired of seeing it everytime... sooner or later it may just go through.

After 6+ months i am tired of seeing it everytime... sooner or later it may just go through.

I am surprised so many people complain about this. I have never had any update problem in my 11 months with the Spark. I am just bored of seeing so many update notifications for the flysafe database.

I am surprised so many people complain about this. I have never had any update problem in my 11 months with the Spark. I am just bored of seeing so many update notifications for the flysafe database.
You have to be patient there. It does seem stuck at a certain percentage at times. To me it usually happens around the 60% mark. May be have the RC (with phone connected), AC and WiFi router close to one another and give another try?
All the other updates went through without a hitch, but this one just sits and spins literally!!!

Can't agree more with you. NFZ update upon update. Getting monotonus. Thinking of going away from DJI

Couldn't get it to update with the phone at all. Used Assistant and my computer and worked fast and easy.

Yes. Try a different device. I had the same issue with my iPad mini 5 connected to the RC with an OTG cable. Used my iPhone instead with WiFi to the RC controller and it updated just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme