Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying Indoors For First Flight

Party101

Join
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys, so I would like to do my first flight with my spark indoors with the rc now I just finished doing all of the updates and it goes into gps indoors while I have not even calibrated my compass or imu so yeah or should I just go and fly it outside?

or should I just go and fly it outside?
It would be safest to fly it outdoors in a location that is free of all obstacles.

I am a very good pilot since I fly racing quads at acro mode and also I have a phantom 4 so yeah but ok.

I am a very good pilot since I fly racing quads at acro mode and also I have a phantom 4 so yeah but ok.
Unfortunately, the Spark doesn't handle like a racing drone. It really wasn't designed to fly inside of tight quarters either. Have at it if you want to give it a shot though. Just keep in mind that it could be expensive to repair it if you crash it.

Should I also palm takeoff since we have a bunch of dew?
Or just manually take off from your hand. That's what I do when I'm not able to take off from the ground.

Put at least prop guards. GPS will not really help indoor. Would you really do your first flight with P4 indoor? Stress and not so fun, my experience.

We have 4 Spark units we fly indoors. They have never been flown outdoors, and we've never had a problem with compass or IMU issues.

Here let me explain better by saying that I fly racing quads in acro I'm saying that i'm a good pilot and I'm saying that I have a Phantom 4 but never flown it indoors because that's a bad idea.

Here let me explain better by saying that I fly racing quads in acro I'm saying that i'm a good pilot and I'm saying that I have a Phantom 4 but never flown it indoors because that's a bad idea.

I'm having a hard time understanding what your question is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis