Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying Spark Indoors

sparkboy13

Join
Aug 5, 2019
I was thinking of flying my Dji Spark inside my house. How stable does it hover. Does the infrared sensor keep it hovering stable without gps? Flying it outside right now is not really available. We are going through a monsoon and there’s the anc 15-33 runway project.

I flew my Spark indoors and found it very stable & responsive. You are supposed to change the loss signal to hover instead of RTH, but in ANSI, I couldn't find where to do that. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that? But if you maintain LOS losing WiFi signal shouldn't be an issue.

I flew my Spark indoors and found it very stable & responsive. You are supposed to change the loss signal to hover instead of RTH, but in ANSI, I couldn't find where to do that. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that? But if you maintain LOS losing WiFi signal shouldn't be an issue.
That option is not available on DJI Spark.

I was thinking of flying my Dji Spark inside my house.

Make sure you have the prop guards on and the room(s) are well lit so the VPS can see the floor.
You shouldn't have a GPS signal inside the house and relies on the VPS to remain stable.

Use Tripod mode and stay away from the walls and the ceiling. The prop wash may cause the Spark to drift towards them. I had mine skipping against the ceiling like an air hockey puck once. Lol.

The prop wash may cause the Spark to drift towards them
It will also blow things around the room and possibly kick things up into the props.

I was thinking of flying my Dji Spark inside my house. How stable does it hover.
Hovering shouldn't be a problem. You're likely not going to have much fun though unless you live in a house that has 20 foot+ ceilings and expansive rooms. In a typical house, you're not going to be able to do much but fly super slow and constantly avoid obstacles.

Maybe pick up a smaller drone like a Potensic drone to fly indoors. They are much more durable than a Spark and you won't have an expensive bill to pay if you break something.

1568887667136.png

Last edited:
It's is a correct statement that if you don't have high ceilings, there's not much point in flying the drone indoors. I have 17 for ceilings and flew the Spark up to about 10 feet to take this panoramic pic. 1567264557297.jpg

I did it once, and had a "near miss" with a wall... its stable, but as other have said, the prop wash will tend it to veer towards the walls.

Get a tello or something like that, I think i am going to do that for our long winter season this year.

Reactions: Spark 317
Ya, the ensuing dust storm that gets setup is worth consideration, some of that might get sucked into the Spark. We have a sign on our refrigerator that says, "Dust is what gives our house that warm fuzzy feeling". Your house may be different.
;)

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe