Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying Spark Out of range during quickshots

Derek Matera

Join
Jul 15, 2018
I really like using the quickshot videos on the spark but i'm worried about sending it out to far and loosing the signal while its taking the shot (like setting it to a 200ft dronie). I don't have the RC and only run it off my cell.

If I send it out to do a quickshot past the connection range (like a far dronie or a large spiral), will the spark automatically finish the quick shot and fly back into range (the starting point) or will it cause some sort of issue and possibly fly away or hover in an inaccessible area?

Also I am aware that if i loose connection to the drone while its taking its shots, at minimum the stop and cancel functions are unavailable. I would only send it out on these far shots if i knew i had a bunch of open space

When the Spark looses contact with phone for a few seconds it will auto RTH. I believe that auto command will override the quickshot command, so it will not finish the shot & then think about what it should do next.
Be sure to have plenty of room to do a quickshot, the Spark will be flying sideways & backwards, the sensor can only see forwards. The space needed is deceiving.

The Spark isn't receiving a signal from the phone (or the RC) during a Quick Shot. It is running a program that it calculated based on the starting position and QS mode selection. The program includes return flight path to the starting point.

If you are still concerned just be 100% certain that a fresh Home Point is set before each flight and then RTH will kick in if signal lost. Lots of problems if RTH initiates at new location but Home Point is from old flight.

Maybe this is too blunt.....the RC controller is a must!!! I wouldn't even consider flying my spark without it.

It adds so much more capability and confidence.

Reactions: AirCam
1+ on the RC. I have flown without the phone, but never, without the RC. My Tello does not have an RC and controlling it from just the phone shows me just how necessary the RC is. I haven't flown it in at least a week, but I've flown my Spark at least a dozen times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme