Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying today and had two things happen, Help?

Mrmund

Join
Oct 28, 2017
I was flying today and I had two things happen that I couldn't figure out. I looked around online but I couldn't find anything like this.
1: The rear lights would flash slowly twice and back to to normal green often.
2: My aircraft was flying tilted to starboard.
any ideas?

Were you taking pictures or recording video? And was there a bit of wind out? (Even the tiniest of breezes can be compensated for with tilt)

not recording or taking pics. not much wind on the ground, only a little 100' up. I noticed it one the screen and figured it was the gimble. I checked with it hovering in front of me and that's when I saw it was the aircraft itself. I shut down my spark for a little while while my daughter played on the playground and an hour or so later started flying again and had the same issue

Were you taking pictures or recording video? And was there a bit of wind out? (Even the tiniest of breezes can be compensated for with tilt)
any idea about the double red slow flashing lights? I got a weird restricted message on my screen on take off but it just went away. I was 3.5 mi from our local airport (I called the airport was transferred to someone in the tower and had permission to fly) and I was at my daughters elementary school. Is there some restrictions around schools?

If the aircraft was tilted, but hovering normally, then it is just doing what it does. I would not worry.

As for the lights, watch this:

If the aircraft was tilted, but hovering normally, then it is just doing what it does. I would not worry.

thanks, I've watched that before and I just watched again in case I missed something. I thought it might be "a critical error" but the red light wasn't constant. It was two slow red flashes and then back to normal flashing green

Reactions: Jimmy Kavanagh

good video but good lord... there are hundred and hundreds of cuts in that clip, sometimes every word or two there's another cut. Someone got seriously manic with their video edit tool.

He says when its flashing fast green that's it seeing obstacles. (I assume in P mode) It's been my experience that it also goes fast green when I switch to Sport mode.

He also seems a bit overly cautious about ATTI mode outdoors. "Serious Emergency! Land Immediately!" Calm down, just bring it back near you and don't freak out. I think "freak out" mode is more of a problem than ATTI mode will ever be.

BTW, I noticed the other day there were times when my front lights turned OFF and stayed OFF for awhile... 30 seconds or so? Any idea what that means?

Last edited:
I noticed the other day there were times when my front lights turned OFF and stayed OFF for awhile... 30 seconds or so? Any idea what that means?

You may be accidentally hitting the video record button?
The front LED's will go out when recording.
Likewise with taking a picture, only it's momentary.

I've fumbled with the remote before a flight(s) and hit the buttons in error.
All kinds of random footage.:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef