Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC Connection Error

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Had this happen yesterday about two minutes into the flight and while setting up an active track session. At first figured I lost remote control but in fact didn't. The RC status light was solid red but Sparky still responded as normal with the sticks so I landed without issue.

rc_error.png

I was a bit too chilly to troubleshoot so I just recycled the power on everything and then did a quick test flight afterwards with no issues. Didn't think of it at the time but on the way home I realized that I had left the wifi active on my S7 while flying which I normally never do as I use OTG and wifi turns off automatically when I enable flight (airplane) mode before flying. I had knowingly left flight mode disabled on this day but had forgot to take the extra step of manually disabling wifi before flying.

After getting home and checking the screen recording of the flight before the problem flight I can see the wifi status in GO4 randomly changing back and forth between 2.4 and 5.8 every minute or so regardless of the AC's location. I do have it set to auto mode but have never seen it swapping around so often like that and in a low interference area. Strangely there was no frequency swapping on the problem fight itself, video and telemetry just went down hard with no warning signs. Flight log looked normal up to that point then goes offline. Seems most likely the wifi from my phone caused the issue, any thoughts?

That's a vote for using the DGI modded app as it automatically turns off everything and turns on do not disturb. I'm terrible at turning stuff off when I use the stock DGI app.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh