Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying under tree canopy

Mathew russell

Join
Jan 11, 2019
I’d like to ask what is the best setting for flying under a tree canopy , I was flying the other day down low in the garden , and return to home was activated due to low bat , lucky that my spark found a gap in the canopy on ist ascent to return home altitude , I’m guessing the best setting would be return to home at current altitude ?

You don't have to set RTH to always return to the Home Point. You also have options to hover in place or land in place.

If you prefer it actually RTH then custom set the altitude well below the tree canopy.

You can also cancel RTH immediately with the Pause Button.

But the best practice is to reserve RTH for urgent situations only. Running that low on battery should really be avoided for a bunch reasons :oops:

Very glad you escaped that situation unscathed!

Tha
You don't have to set RTH to always return to the Home Point. You also have options to hover in place or land in place.

If you prefer it actually RTH then custom set the altitude well below the tree canopy.

You can also cancel RTH immediately with the Pause Button.

But the best practice is to reserve RTH for urgent situations only. Running that low on battery should really be avoided for a bunch reasons :oops:

Very glad you escaped that situation unscathed!
thanks for the reply , very useful info ,

Reactions: Andre Levite
Where is this setting on the Spark?

It's been so long
Where is this setting on the Spark?

I am sad to report that according the DJI "that feature set was removed in a recent update and the is no information regarding it's possible return".

I'd stumbled across those RTH options when I first got the drone and was exploring the app (as we all do). I never used them -- and now they're gone :(

Reactions: Mathew russell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef