Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Found a better gimbal protector

ol' Sparky

Join
Mar 10, 2019
Had a couple of these ones9969 that snap on and stay in place with a clip between the sensor cover and the gimbal cover that holds it in place. The little tiny clip broke off after a while and it wouldn't stay attached to the Spark. Was worried about the little tiny piece of plastic breaking off and falling into the gimbal or finding it's way into the chassis, so decided to look for an alternative. Saw one of these on epay:
Its a friction fit and stays firmly attached. Holes for the rubber feet help keep it in place. Works well and very satisfied so far. This is the description:
PTZ Gimbal Camera Lens 3D Sensor Screen Protector Cover Dust Proof For DJI Spark

No...I am in no way affiliated with the seller other than I bought one from him. Happy with the purchase, good quality and just thought i'd share

Reactions: Highflyer
I have both and that PTZ is a really good protector and the one that I use in the soft case that came with my spark package from DJI. I have a second Spark (what can I say) that I keep in a hard case and the more or less worthless cover fits better in there. I wouldn't trust it to stay on if the drone wasn't in the case.
I have to add...I love the soft DJI Spark carrier. It holds the RC, 2 batteries plus the one on the spark, the charger, all the cables, props and just about anything else you can think of and it's super comfortable to wear over your shoulder. The sturdy little Spark doesn't require a hard case in my opinion.

Reactions: Fisho1
I have both and that PTZ is a really good protector and the one that I use in the soft case that came with my spark package from DJI. I have a second Spark (what can I say) that I keep in a hard case and the more or less worthless cover fits better in there. I wouldn't trust it to stay on if the drone wasn't in the case.
I have to add...I love the soft DJI Spark carrier. It holds the RC, 2 batteries plus the one on the spark, the charger, all the cables, props and just about anything else you can think of and it's super comfortable to wear over your shoulder. The sturdy little Spark doesn't require a hard case in my opinion.
It's the only gimbal cover I have now, and it fits in there ok. Yes... If you pack it right, you can get everything in it including the signal booster. I have spare props, cable, phone, spare phone, (something to use our old phones for!) spare phone battery), sun shade, remote, 2 batteries (3 if you count the attached one), and can even squeeze in the prop guards if I need to. Almost like a Tetris game, but you can make it work. Glad I got the fly more combo.

You must have a different soft case than the one that came with my Spark. I can fit everything except the power supply for the 3-bay charger unless I stress things a bit, and I really don't want to do that.

Reactions: Kevmiller1488
You must have a different soft case than the one that came with my Spark. I can fit everything except the power supply for the 3-bay charger unless I stress things a bit, and I really don't want to do that.
Don't usually carry the charger around with me when I go flying. If I do it just put it in the car and recharge from there. But yes...the case is a bit small if you put all the charging gear in it as well. Looking for a portable charger that can recharge my 3 batteries in less than what DJI's 2 1/2 hours takes.

Did you buy the soft case separately or did it come with your spark. If separate, do you have a link to buy it ?

Looking for a portable charger that can recharge my 3 batteries in less than what DJI's 2 1/2 hours takes.
I recently purchased this portable charger off Amazon. VERY happy with it.
Skywin Portable Battery Charger for The DJI Spark Drone - High Capacity Charging Station Compatible with DJI Spark Batteries - Fast Charging, Easy Carrying Handle, Water and Dust Resistance Amazon.com: Skywin Portable Battery Charger for The DJI Spark Drone - High Capacity Charging Station Compatible with DJI Spark Batteries - Fast Charging, Easy Carrying Handle, Water and Dust Resistance: Cell Phones & Accessories
E5E7CF18-4131-428F-B282-1A2675BE657B.jpeg

Hi, Mine came with the Combo package..I have no problem packing the charger..it kind of sets on top of the three position battery receiver. As you can see I have SD holders in the small envelope and in front I have props, otg cables for android on Iphone..etc etc..I've been thru customs many times with it..They do seem kind of surprised about what all is in the case..I'm always anxious to show them the Spark..but most of the time..they say...uh...no ...thats ok.. really I have no problem getting everything in. and the whole thing fit's into my roll-a-long or I carry it..I wouldn't put it by itself in the overhead....PS..my spark looks like new..thats a battle weary skin that looks so beat up. My three position charger is plenty fast for me.combo bag 1.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit