Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

From Ipad mini to Samsung Galaxy Note 5

craig Dixon

Join
Jan 4, 2018
Well...... I have got over using my ipad mini 2 wifi only for my Spark and P3 pro.....
2 main Reasons why ...

#1 Sick of using a hotspot for the map
Caching..
#2 Hopeless trying to update the Stupid precise FlySafe Database..I only found using my phone as a bluetooth tethering spot for internet worked while connected wifi to the spark remote..

The only dissapointing thing i have found is the App keeps saying once 200 meters out 80 m high image transmission weak .reposition aerials..
.The actual video link is still pretty stable and performance seems the same as my ipad but the ipad o ly shows that red warning at the top once it starts to totally lose video..

Overall pretty happy with my phone on the Go 4 App and guess what the updates download and update straight away on cellular data while connected to the remote by wifi...

Not worried about no Otg as i didnt even use it on my ipad as its not officially supported anyway ...once it is I will do...

Hope this helps anyone..

Cheers Craig

Well...... I have got over using my ipad mini 2 wifi only for my Spark and P3 pro.....
2 main Reasons why ...

#1 Sick of using a hotspot for the map
Caching..
#2 Hopeless trying to update the Stupid precise FlySafe Database..I only found using my phone as a bluetooth tethering spot for internet worked while connected wifi to the spark remote..

The only dissapointing thing i have found is the App keeps saying once 200 meters out 80 m high image transmission weak .reposition aerials..
.The actual video link is still pretty stable and performance seems the same as my ipad but the ipad o ly shows that red warning at the top once it starts to totally lose video..

Overall pretty happy with my phone on the Go 4 App and guess what the updates download and update straight away on cellular data while connected to the remote by wifi...

Not worried about no Otg as i didnt even use it on my ipad as its not officially supported anyway ...once it is I will do...

Hope this helps anyone..

Cheers Craig

Well - I got over using my Android phone with my Spark RC and switched to my wife's (now mine) IPad mini 2 (no cellular). Yes I have to be sure I have cached the map I need before I leave home, but otherwise the IPad has been flawless (and the big screen is nice) while the Android 7.0 phone was a constant pain with problems that including extreme difficulty updating RC firmware (would never work with cellular data), constant false Safe Fly update status warnings even when I had the latest, all sorts of weird stuff at every DJI GO 4 update, and occasional DJO GO 4 app crashes when flying.

Well - I got over using my Android phone with my Spark RC and switched to my wife's (now mine) IPad mini 2 (no cellular). Yes I have to be sure I have cached the map I need before I leave home, but otherwise the IPad has been flawless (and the big screen is nice) while the Android 7.0 phone was a constant pain with problems that including extreme difficulty updating RC firmware (would never work with cellular data), constant false Safe Fly update status warnings even when I had the latest, all sorts of weird stuff at every DJI GO 4 update, and occasional DJO GO 4 app crashes when flying.
Guess it depends what phone it is also and wheather its on the supported list..
My Note 5 screen is so much brighter and clearer than the ipad mini 2 aswell
Also lighter .I found the Ipad a bit heavy after awhile after 4 or 5 batts...

Everyone seems to have there on thoughts on devices..
[emoji1] [emoji2]

Guess it depends what phone it is also and wheather its on the supported list..
My Note 5 screen is so much brighter and clearer than the ipad mini 2 aswell
Also lighter .I found the Ipad a bit heavy after awhile after 4 or 5 batts...

Everyone seems to have there on thoughts on devices..
[emoji1] [emoji2]

Yes the IPad mini 2 is a bit heavy. My tablet adapter/holder for the RC comes with a lanyard and I use it. I like being able to see the map and the attitude indicator at the same time on the larger screen.

Interesting that DJI lists Note 3 and Note 4 as supported, but not Note 5. I actually had considered buying a Note 4 for RC use only.

Yes the IPad mini 2 is a bit heavy. My tablet adapter/holder for the RC comes with a lanyard and I use it. I like being able to see the map and the attitude indicator at the same time on the larger screen.

Interesting that DJI lists Note 3 and Note 4 as supported, but not Note 5. I actually had considered buying a Note 4 for RC use only.
Yeah Note 5 is supported dji support told me cause i noticed the 3 and 4 where listed and also now the note 8 ...
The ipad mini 2 does work very well but trying to update sometimes without cell data really gave me the sh@ts and the phone just does the updates so quick straight away when it needs to even at the field through cell data
Cheers
Craig

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis