Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Frustrated with Support

TimE916

Join
Aug 10, 2018
Loc
Rocklin, CA
Hi folks,
I'm new to the DJI family, but have been playing with RC hell's and quad copters for awhile. I got my Spark for Christmas 2017, along with an RC, and I've added doo-dads along the way.

My sad story:
July 4, I dropped my controller. Everything seemed to be ok in a quick test flight after the drop, but a few days later, when I went out to really fly again, I saw several disconnects and very poor range. Uh-oh..

July 6: I chatted support, who suggested I send in the controller, and my Spark to test with. A couple of days later I received an email with the info to ship it.
July 8: I handed it off to UPS. It was going from Rocklin, California to Grapevine, Texas - about 1500 miles. I had no idea that UPS uses old camels. It took 8 business days to arrive in Grapevine... where it sat... and sat...
July 20: In the acknowledgement of receiving my package, they only listed the RC. I chatted them, and was told they only received my controller... WHAT??? Of course I was chatting with someone in a completely different country, so there was no way for them to verify anything...
July 21: I chatted them again... and they miraculously found it. Whew!
July 27: I chatted them again. I had a quote which listed the broken components in the controller, and their individual costs - $121 when I added them up, but my total due was $49?
July 27: I checked with them, and was told they were replacing my drone... Why? It was in perfect condition... Tech support had told me to ship it with the controller for testing purposes. It doesn't need replacement.... Only the controller needed repair.
They had to send the quote back for "reassessment". Submitted the request as urgent.
July 29: No requote. I contacted them again... two days later I got a corrected quote.
At that point I told them I could buy a new controller for less money than the repair, so please just send it all back...
August 3 After not hearing from them with shipping info in several days, I contacted them again. They were not sure why I didnt want to give them another $49 to replace the drone... I explained again there was nothing wrong with the drone, I would replace my controller myself... please ship it back. Why didn't someone contact me with their question?

August 9: Well, still no response. I called support this time instead of chatting... He told me they were getting it ready to ship... It should be ready in a few days... but he couldn't guarantee it... I asked for expedited shipping because of the ridiculous delays... nope - not if you don't pay for repairs. I asked to speak with a manager...no one available. I asked to have one call me back... The manager will return my call within 48 hours... I head to Hawaii for a vacation in early September and I hoped to bring it with me... I'm beginning to think I wont get it back in time

Does anyone have ANY idea how to motivate these folks? I'm way beyond frustrated.

Hi folks,
I'm new to the DJI family, but have been playing with RC hell's and quad copters for awhile. I got my Spark for Christmas 2017, along with an RC, and I've added doo-dads along the way.

My sad story:
July 4, I dropped my controller. Everything seemed to be ok in a quick test flight after the drop, but a few days later, when I went out to really fly again, I saw several disconnects and very poor range. Uh-oh..

July 6: I chatted support, who suggested I send in the controller, and my Spark to test with. A couple of days later I received an email with the info to ship it.
July 8: I handed it off to UPS. It was going from Rocklin, California to Grapevine, Texas - about 1500 miles. I had no idea that UPS uses old camels. It took 8 business days to arrive in Grapevine... where it sat... and sat...
July 20: In the acknowledgement of receiving my package, they only listed the RC. I chatted them, and was told they only received my controller... WHAT??? Of course I was chatting with someone in a completely different country, so there was no way for them to verify anything...
July 21: I chatted them again... and they miraculously found it. Whew!
July 27: I chatted them again. I had a quote which listed the broken components in the controller, and their individual costs - $121 when I added them up, but my total due was $49?
July 27: I checked with them, and was told they were replacing my drone... Why? It was in perfect condition... Tech support had told me to ship it with the controller for testing purposes. It doesn't need replacement.... Only the controller needed repair.
They had to send the quote back for "reassessment". Submitted the request as urgent.
July 29: No requote. I contacted them again... two days later I got a corrected quote.
At that point I told them I could buy a new controller for less money than the repair, so please just send it all back...
August 3 After not hearing from them with shipping info in several days, I contacted them again. They were not sure why I didnt want to give them another $49 to replace the drone... I explained again there was nothing wrong with the drone, I would replace my controller myself... please ship it back. Why didn't someone contact me with their question?

August 9: Well, still no response. I called support this time instead of chatting... He told me they were getting it ready to ship... It should be ready in a few days... but he couldn't guarantee it... I asked for expedited shipping because of the ridiculous delays... nope - not if you don't pay for repairs. I asked to speak with a manager...no one available. I asked to have one call me back... The manager will return my call within 48 hours... I head to Hawaii for a vacation in early September and I hoped to bring it with me... I'm beginning to think I wont get it back in time

Does anyone have ANY idea how to motivate these folks? I'm way beyond frustrated.
Excellent service here in UK; a total of 8 days away from me for a gimbal failure. Bird was replaced under warranty and no issues with UPS for a change!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe