Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Frustrating trying to get my Spark flying

mclld

Join
Mar 13, 2019
I bought an otg cable and it seems like I have to mess with turning the Spark and controller on and off several times before I can actually fly. Everytime on the main screen on the DJI app it flashes connected-disconnected etc constantly. I will power each on and off and eventually I can fly but I'm.not ever certain if it is something I did or random.

I bought an otg cable and it seems like I have to mess with turning the Spark and controller on and off several times before I can actually fly. Everytime on the main screen on the DJI app it flashes connected-disconnected etc constantly. I will power each on and off and eventually I can fly but I'm.not ever certain if it is something I did or random.

The OTG cable is only beneficial if you are experiencing a poor video on your device when using wifi. If your cable its self is problematic then just use the wifi as before.

The intermittent signal is loss you describe is typical of the low quality of many cables on the market. They are all very inexpensive and look the same on the outside but some are junk or not actually OTG. And even a well-functioning cable can get briefly kinked during transport and develop an internal short circuit yet appear fine externally. Many people just try a new cable from a different seller and then have no problem.

A damaged port is less common but much more serious as it can also interfere with charging the RC.

Dji tested on us customers which I think didn't work. Connecting the **** crapshoot thru WiFi. I was on line with dji online help which changed the routing of calls into india or China. Cutting costs. Explaining ith online video I was showing the trained idiot I was doing everything he said. I connect but can't get it out of hover and can't change my altitude or distance settings. They're also darkened out on the screen so if the show you you can't change them. The guy working with me for 3 hours wanted to get rid of me so bad he kept referring me to about 45 different videos to watch and then I would learn. I told him I refused I need an Interactive advice for my specific please. What we got to that level he said send it in for repair. This is my second drone and controller sent in for repair and I've only had it a month and never got it out of hover. First time the connection on the bottom plug into your phone what's damage and loose. They fix that free and sent it back to me. Wow they send me a defective controller that won't get me out of hover. Has anyone ever had this issue. It has to go in takes two weeks to get there, two weeks to assess and repair supposedly, and then two weeks to send it back. Their quality department and testing Department after the repair it's not being done as I say otherwise they would catch it. So you're quality review and Test Flight of the Drone is not being done. At least that's what the technician told me interactively that they probably forgot to test mine. If anyone had altitude or distant issues setting up with Wi-Fi make a wonderful connection Everything Is Beautiful including camera and then go to fly and you can't change the altitude or distant parameters let me know. What did you do to get out of it. Thanks guys DRC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis