Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FW updates

chris pascoe

Join
May 21, 2018
Hi the last time I updated my spark it threw a complete track and would n't take off in auto and needed very gentle control manually. So I have not updated again. Did the latest FW make the spark operate any better? What will happen if I never update again? My spark operates great at the moment so I am reluctant to chance it again. What d'you think?

Last edited:
updating is a scam... it really is you dont have too...you can also go back with the pc version of dji... forget what its called...

I cannot get the DJI app to recognize my Spark for the life of me. I have tried on my Mac and a Windows laptop. Same results...sits there asking for an Inspire. I did the unsigned driver thing on Windows machine, too. Nothing.
Really upsets me that it's this difficult.

Are you trying to install the Go4 app on your laptop computer and fly?

I'm not sure if a laptop will fly the Spark.

Need to install the Go4 app on your phone or tablet.

LOL...no. DJI Assistant to update firmware.

I've had my Spark since July of 2017 and I never used the DJI assistant software to update anything.

I do the WiFi dance, at least that's what I call it.

When you need to update, download the package via WiFi using the home network. After it downloads, switch to the Spark WiFi and complete the update.

I did download the assistant because I thought I had too but it didn't work for me as well.

Good luck.

Reactions: R1Sparky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme