Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FYI Spark flies better with Obstacle ovi turned off !

mcquoidd

Join
Jul 4, 2017
Hey team ,

we all know by now that in sport mode the gimbal goes crazy in some areas and unless flying straight etc...

and sometimes when up high etc in 'normal' mode , we are not going fast enough to get the shot we want..

IF you turn off obstacle ovi in settings , in normal mode the drone will fly up to twice as fast !!!< and gimbal wont go mental ,

so in open space etc... maybe this is worth it..... as wont have sport speeds, but able to track over water and up high and a better speed and not have it look like a still image !

peace

The gimbal when in sport mode is fixed in FPV view (what you're calling crazy/mental). It's a feature, not a bug. Not sure why DJI chose to do it that way, other than I assume they want to protect the gimbal from damaging itself when in sports mode.

According to the manual, speeds in calm air are:

Sport = 31mph (50kph)
Obstacle Avoidance Off = 13.4mph (21.6kph)
Obstacle Avoidance On = 6.7mph (10.8kph)
Tripod Mode = 2.2mph (3.6kph)

Reactions: Boudro
Here is the page from the manual that describes Follow Mode vs FPV Mode on the gimbal.

Attachments

• gimbal.png
    gimbal.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 34
The gimbal when in sport mode is fixed in FPV view (what you're calling crazy/mental). It's a feature, not a bug. Not sure why DJI chose to do it that way, other than I assume they want to protect the gimbal from damaging itself when in sports mode.

According to the manual, speeds in calm air are:

Sport = 31mph (50kph)
Obstacle Avoidance Off = 13.4mph (21.6kph)
Obstacle Avoidance On = 6.7mph (10.8kph)
Tripod Mode = 2.2mph (3.6kph)

aw thanks for this ! , yeah makes sense now , need work to be over today ! so I can now test the in built fly features !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme