Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gesture Control - Follow/Beckon problem

charliespark

Join
Mar 21, 2018
Loc
Essex UK
Some help from you experts please.
I was practicing Gesture control and got Spark into follow me mode which it did for a sort while and then lost me. It hovered front lights flashing yellow and also kept turning to face me' but not coming any closer or further away. Everthing I did to beckon it or get it to recognose me again failed and evetually I just had to wait for the battery to run out and Spark to land. Whathould I have done to get it to come back?
As an after note when she finally landed it had been in the air 15.4 minutes!

Gesture mode in the Spark is notoriously bad, and I would recommend you NOT use gesture mode without an RC or phone connected, so that you can take control and land it in situations like this (or worse as I experienced).

That said, in fully disconnected gesture mode, I believe there is a distance limit of 10M, so if it followed you that far, it will go no farther.

Also, try making gestures with your hand in a fist. Supposedly that works better.

Reactions: Tom Croley
Gesture mode in the Spark is notoriously bad, and I would recommend you NOT use gesture mode without an RC or phone connected, so that you can take control and land it in situations like this (or worse as I experienced).

That said, in fully disconnected gesture mode, I believe there is a distance limit of 10M, so if it followed you that far, it will go no farther.

Also, try making gestures with your hand in a fist. Supposedly that works better.
DITTO.... gesture is one of the reasons I chose the Spark but after trying it a couple of times..... I never use it. Too buggy. Too unreliable. Definitely not quick and easy.

Oh.... I too tried the "follow" command using gesture. It followed me for about 15 yards down the street and then stopped about 25 feet up and was just stuck there. I could not get it to respond. I had to wait out the battery until it auto landed. Have not tried it since.... no way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme