Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gesture mode?

loophole

Join
May 20, 2018
Never used gesture mode yet and a little hesitant to use it honestly.

1. How do I know if GPS is locked in if I go with no controller?

2. I have only ever used the spark with the hand held controller, should I put password in and connect WIFI to my phone just in case? (with no controller)

3. If I turn gesture mode on. Connect everything as I always have (with controller), can I auto take off with gesture mode and still use it then seamlessly go to controller if I need to?

P.S. The whole not knowing if GPS is stable or not is the reason I have not touched gesture mode yet. Am I just being to cautious?

Thanks in advance.

You can change from controller to gesture mode seamlessly. I would never fly without connection to a phone/IPad, like you said there is no way to know GPS is set, as well as compass, & RTH. There is always a chance that gesture mode will fail, normally it is caused by glare, the spark can’t see the gesture, & hovers waiting for a command. The gestures need to be done properly, not too fast or slow. It is something you need to learn. A phone connection is a back up, most people these days are never without their phone. You may never need it, but it could save your spark from crashing.

Page 10 of the manual....

I've never used the Gesture features or flown the Spark by itself but I would think the aircraft indicator LED's still function without a remote?

20180526_053532.png

The LEDs work in gesture mode. 1 thing I didn’t mention is that I have let a few family & friends fly my spark with gestures. The iPad helped by indicating when the temporary pilot was too close or far away from the aircraft.

2. I have only ever used the spark with the hand held controller, should I put password in and connect WIFI to my phone just in case? (with no controller)

3. If I turn gesture mode on. Connect everything as I always have (with controller), can I auto take off with gesture mode and still use it then seamlessly go to controller if I need to?

P.S. The whole not knowing if GPS is stable or not is the reason I have not touched gesture mode yet. Am I just being to cautious?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes I launch with gesture control pressing the drone button twice and it launches with no problem however from there I used a controller it seems to be difficult for me to change from gesture control to and the other mode via the app I10 to press tripod mode 5 or 6 or 7 times before it will actually change out of gesture control I don't know if that's normal I must be doing something wrong but I haven't figured that out yet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard