Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Getting OTG to work on my Google Pixel XL

unserrer

Join
Aug 29, 2017
OK - this is driving me nuts.

I cannot seem to find the right cable combination to make this work.

I bought one OTG USB C to MicroUSB cable but that does not seem to work.

I can only find lots of OTG USB A Female to MicroSD cables - but no OTG adapter that will let me connect that to my USB C as they all seem to be UB female adapters.

Has anyone (pref in UK) managed to get OTG working on the Pixel XL and can advise of what cable to buy?

Ah. I have no idea why I did not spot that despite spending ages looking! Thank you! Does this cable not need to be OTG?

I am using this ONE, bundle 2 with my Samsung S8. It works, the one for IOS (bundle 3) too.

I connected it to my mate 9 using the USB-C Adapter provided by Huawei and it's work.

I did a video for this

[YT]CyPD7HXshgc[/YT]

Last edited:
Maybe I am missing something here, or I have not had enough coffee yet. I get there has to be two cables. One from the RC > USB A then one from USB A to my Google Pixel. I have the connections but I can not get the RC to connect via the cables. What am I missing?

2018-02-10%2010.29.43_zps95tmbw7z.jpg

2018-02-10%2010.29.59_zpswz13dr6r.png

Apparently the latest verion of go 4 android does not support otg. I tried with various phones and it worked once. I have repeated the same steps and it will not connect.

The current app version is 4.26 . If you use the old version 4.15 otg will work. .apk is an Android app extension.

There is an app someone made in this forum a couple threads down that is baised on 4.15 and works great.

Reactions: Scott White
I've had the best luck putting the phone in airplane mode then plugging in the controller then the phone after the controller paired to the spark.

The current app version is 4.26 . If you use the old version 4.15 otg will work. .apk is an Android app extension.

There is an app someone made in this forum a couple threads down that is baised on 4.15 and works great.

I'll look. But I havve no idea how to install anything outside the Play Store Thank you for the info though I appreciate your time

I've had the best luck putting the phone in airplane mode then plugging in the controller then the phone after the controller paired to the spark.

That is the way I do it - I have a iPhone 8 Plus. I link.the remote to my iphone with a 2-cable combo (OTG and USB-lightning cables)

And it works every time for me. And I have the latest updates as of Feb 10th.

My process:
1. Launch the Go 4 app (iPhone 8 Plus is in Airplane mode).
2. Turn on the remote
3. Turn on the drone
4. Then I simply wait for the remote and drone to.connect (light turns green on the remote).
5. I Plug the cable combo into the phone first and then into the remote,second. My phone makes a little “beeping” noise and I’m good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena