Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal Protector FYI

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
For those of you wanting to purchase and fly with something similar to the pic below...please note that DJI WILL void your warranty if you crash. They just did it to someone over on the DJI forum. DJI states that it interferes with the VPS. Yes, the pilot made some errors (i.e. high wind flying), but DJI did cite the gimbal cover/protector as a reason for the decline.

Attachments

• GP.jpg
    GP.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 82
For those of you wanting to purchase and fly with something similar to the pic below...please note that DJI WILL void your warranty if you crash.
I doubt DJI is going to void ALL warranties that involve the use of a 3rd party accessory. They've never done that in the past.

Now, if you install a 3rd party accessory that causes a problem -- well, then, yes, you shouldn't expect your warranty to be honored.

Now, if you install a 3rd party accessory that causes a problem
I think that's leaves room for interpretation. In the case that I cited above the pilot made a few mistakes, but DJI did make explicit reference to something being attached to the device (Spark). The OP states it was a gimbal protector. Which seems like a harmless enough 3rd party accessory, it's not like he modded his antenna.

The OP states it was a gimbal protector. Which seems like a harmless enough 3rd party accessory, it's not like he modded his antenna.
Take a closer look at the VPS data in the OP's flight log ;)

Take a closer look at the VPS data in the OP's flight log ;)
You're the expert in regards to flight logs :) I just found it peculiar that DJI made reference to something being attached to the device.

Thanks for posting this here, I don't check the DJI Forums regularly.

Have they said anything about the Polar Pro Spark Filters that DJI sells on their Store? I guess they don't effect the VPS?

Have they said anything about the Polar Pro Spark Filters that DJI sells on their Store? I guess they don't effect the VPS?
I'm not trying to start a panic and I just happened to stumble across the instance in my original post. Along with the fact there were other issue the pilot had (i.e. wind), I can't comment as to what would and what wouldn't void a warranty. I imagine its up to DJI's discretion.

They don’t cover the sensors, just the camera. Might be worth askin dji though.

DJI knew better it didn't really interfered much. Just excuses.

Yep, they do seem reluctant to admit when something is wrong with their products.

I don’t trust this latest firmware at all.

DJI knew better it didn't really interfered much.
The flight log indicates that something was interfering with the downward sensors. It was most likely that accessory since it was installed right next to those sensors (and possibly even installed incorrectly).

That Spark owner could certainly verify whether or not it was likely the cause of the problem by looking at the VPS data in other flight logs where that accessory was and was not attached.

Reactions: aviscomi
Yep, they do seem reluctant to admit when something is wrong with their products.

I don’t trust this latest firmware at all.

Honestly what is having on the latest firmware cos I am very new in to this drone flying hobby. Like to share with us? Thanks [emoji2]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis