Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GO 4 or Litchi?

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
I have read all the posts about the GO4 & Litchi. I have questions on both I have the GO4 now but was wondering if Litchi is really better than GO4 and if it's worth $22.99? I see some people like using Litchi and some do not. I'm looking for someone with experience with Litchi that could give me an honest answer. I'm new with the spark and still learning about it I've had it for a few months now and haven't had a chance to fly it because of the weather being too windy, snowing, -20F w/c -30 to -45f

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

Just a stupid question: what drone have you used for these GREAT footage?

Thank you, pmshop BTW great videos

Jeff :cool:

Reactions: pmshop
I have read all the posts about the GO4 & Litchi. I have questions on both I have the GO4 now but was wondering if Litchi is really better than GO4 and if it's worth $22.99? I see some people like using Litchi and some do not. I'm looking for someone with experience with Litchi that could give me an honest answer. I'm new with the spark and still learning about it I've had it for a few months now and haven't had a chance to fly it because of the weather being too windy, snowing, -20F w/c -30 to -45f

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

Keep in mind if you are new to the SPARK - assuming your SPARK is fairly new as well and still under warranty. If so, if you have any issues (crash, fly away, malfunction) when flying using any 3rd party app (including Litchi) - DJI will void your warranty for any issues when not flying using DJI GO4.

I've used Litchi since buying my spark and really enjoy using it for waypoint missions. A bit scary initially when Litchi takes over and you feel that you'll never never see your spark again. But in all flights it's came back just like is should

Wish I could say that about all my Litchi flights :D
Google Maps (what Litchi uses) was off by 200ft at the crest of the first mountain.

That is indeed the DJI Spark
Upscaled to 60fps and the first is 2X or more speed

PMSHOP - can you/do you have both Go4 and Litchi installed at the same time and then just run the one you want?

Yeah - that makes total sense! Well, seeing your vids I think i'm going to give it a try. How's the learning curve? I'm using IOS.

Yeah - that makes total sense! Well, seeing your vids I think i'm going to give it a try. How's the learning curve? I'm using IOS.

iOS is all Litchi runs on.
Medium curve compared to AutoPilot.

You can plan on Mission Hub - Litchi
link to a Litchi account you set up and load the mission on your mobile device.
Recommend planning on the desktop because you can have it adjust for altitude changes (follow terrain)

iOS is all Litchi runs on.

Will it work with a WiFi only mini4 or do you need a GPS enabled device with a cell service?

Recommend planning on the desktop because you can have it adjust for altitude changes (follow terrain)

Also, can you plan a mission on a PC, not Mac, and then load into the mini4?

Or do I plan the mission on the mini4?

You should plan on a desktop because of the ease of the altitude adjust settings.
You can send the plan to the iPad mini4 connected to WiFi.
It will save after it is loaded.
GPS/ cell service is needed if you need to track it down.
You will receive the GPS from the drone if in rage.
Just load your maps on WiFi before a flight. (cache the maps)

I use Android and went with Drone Harmony for my waypoint missions. Very simple to use although still learning what all I can do with it. Weather was really nice yesterday so mapped out a little 2 mile mission close to our township rec facility.

You should plan on a desktop because of the ease of the altitude adjust settings.

So I just have to purchase the Litchi for the mini4 and it will accept the mission from my Windows PC?

Side note...I'lll probably end up buying Litchi twice, one for each platform to be safe.

My Droids have GPS / Cellular capabilities but I prefer to fly with the mini4 because of the larger display.

Thanks for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme