Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GO 4 or Litchi?

So I just have to purchase the Litchi for the mini4 and it will accept the mission from my Windows PC?

Side note...I'lll probably end up buying Litchi twice, one for each platform to be safe.

My Droids have GPS / Cellular capabilities but I prefer to fly with the mini4 because of the larger display.

Thanks for your help.

Yep, purchase Litchi for the mobile device and your Litchi account will help transfer the files.

Planning does work backwards too.
Plan it on the mobile device and look at it on the Desktop.

So I assume that if the Spark goes into ATTI mode while flying a mission it will just drift in the wind - never to be seen again (if not in VLOS)?

pmshop..hopefully you were able to recover your drone although I'd be exhausted hiking up that mountain. I always select the option that the drone stays 30-ft above ground level. I'm not sure where that is located in Litchi as weather has been crappy here in Calgary for past couple of months and I haven't been out flying. But telling the drone, in Litchi, to stay above a certain height regardless of ground altitude has saved my butt several times. I also always import to google earth prior to flying as it will show you the flight and if you have any altitude/obstruction concerns

pmshop..hopefully you were able to recover your drone although I'd be exhausted hiking up that mountain. I always select the option that the drone stays 30-ft above ground level. I'm not sure where that is located in Litchi as weather has been crappy here in Calgary for past couple of months and I haven't been out flying. But telling the drone, in Litchi, to stay above a certain height regardless of ground altitude has saved my butt several times. I also always import to google earth prior to flying as it will show you the flight and if you have any altitude/obstruction concerns

I was surprised I made it myself without hurting days after.
But to note, I did climb my local high school stadium stands daily starting slowly May 1st working into it and during June & July, 2 a days workouts.
That is after zero physical fitness since I left the Marines 20 years ago.
I stopped in September but guess the fitness remained.
My drone was programmed for 175ft above ground.
In addition to the google maps being wrong (saw for my self took a reading up there) Litchi says there is a slight altitude loss on curved missions.
I ran several Virtual Litchi Missions to confirm it would work.
Here is a Virtual Litchi Mission Google Earth simulation of what I was going after and then what I had to climb to recover:

I'm fairly new to this drone flying so can someone tell me why you need to do a waypoint flight? What is the advantages of it? I mean why can't you just fly to where you wanna go and then rth.

I'm fairly new to this drone flying so can someone tell me why you need to do a waypoint flight? What is the advantages of it? I mean why can't you just fly to where you wanna go and then rth.

First video in this post is over 2 miles.
GO 4 or Litchi?
There are other advantages to making a waypoint mission and saving it (example is home made drones)
I ran the same mission every month after 2 months.
Showed the video to the school board instead of them coming out in hard hats.

You can also do things like this:

Maybe my question got missed - If the drone looses GPS lock and switches to ATTI, will is just drift away in the wind?

Maybe my question got missed - If the drone looses GPS lock and switches to ATTI, will is just drift away in the wind?

I'm sorry.
ATTI mode should be temporary.
Once it regains GPS, it will continue on its path.
I have seen GPS glitches with my home mades but not with Sparks running missions.
On missions that is.
I have seen compass headings lost, required lost again in cycles.
Full atti mode failure but that is where manual flying comes in.

Reactions: McCloudSpark
It sounds like you have experience with both Litchi and Auto Pilot. Which do you like better?

Yes.
That is exactly how it works.
But I have had zero luck switching apps in flight.
Must land to use a different app.
*whisper*
You can switch from Litchi to Go4 app to get your mileage in the Go4 flight record..
Just Pause right after takeoff (when Litchi has uploaded mission to bird, and you've started mission), open Go4 app..
It will download the mission from drone to app.
Push play again and your mission will run through Go4 app.
Not sure if it will continue mission if signal is lost, thou..
*whisper end*

Reactions: pmshop
*whisper*
You can switch from Litchi to Go4 app to get your mileage in the Go4 flight record..
Just Pause right after takeoff (when Litchi has uploaded mission to bird, and you've started mission), open Go4 app..
It will download the mission from drone to app.
Push play again and your mission will run through Go4 app.
Not sure if it will continue mission if signal is lost, thou..
*whisper end*

hmmmmm

Reactions: Haggi
If you own an ipad or mini and want to try waypoints for free, download DJI GS Pro. You can learn it here and if the app crashes your spark, you have flight logs for proof.
11EA855B-F1F7-4C79-8CC4-988507376A70.png

Tested this a few minutes ago. I wasnt sure if it was going to work since spark is not listed as supported device. App knows that it is a spark atleast.

If you own an ipad or mini and want to try waypoints for free, download DJI GS Pro. You can learn it here and if the app crashes your spark, you have flight logs for proof.
View attachment 8688

Tested this a few minutes ago. I wasnt sure if it was going to work since spark is not listed as supported device. App knows that it is a spark atleast.

Did you have FPV?
When I flew (earlier app version), I did not have FPV.

Have not tried with DJI goggles RE yet. Ipad have to be connected to internet to start mission. Ipad was connected to home wifi and cable to the RC. Once the mission starts, i can disconnect ipad and attach goggles. That is my next test. It is easier with a mavic. Same hassle with phantom 4 pro without the hdmi adapter.

Have not tried with DJI goggles RE yet. Ipad have to be connected to internet to start mission. Ipad was connected to home wifi and cable to the RC. Once the mission starts, i can disconnect ipad and attach goggles. That is my next test. It is easier with a mavic. Same hassle with phantom 4 pro without the hdmi adapter.

I'm sorry.
I mean FPV on the iPad.

I had a black screen the entire flight when I tried.
Everything else worked.

I had telemetry information and map view with the waypoints and not a blank screen. But my main view mostly was on the spark since this was my first waypoint mission with the app. I had DJI GO4 app running on the background and switching between the two. DJI GO4 knows it is on a waypoint mission and display its own waypoint view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex