Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Go Fly, No Fly

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Yesterday looked like this...
windsock.JPG

then today I see this...
uavforecast.jpg

I've never seen 0 wind indicated, ever... so to celebrate, I grab my kit to take a quick flight out my back yard and then I see this...

They made about a dozen passes, at the end of it I was starting to take it personal :) so I went back inside. :(

C-130 Hercules
c130.jpg

The RCAF fly SAR training exercises around here about 2 or 3 times a year. Big salute to them and what they do!

P.S. NOTAMs are not issued for these flights.

Interesting that NOTAMs are not issued for those flights. Also, very cool aircrafts! I'm sure it's fun to watch those training exercises, looks like you have a front row seat from your backyard!

I’ve seen planes similar to that in airborne school in the U.S. army, from YouTube videos. It’s pretty cool because you can see the soldiers kinda get sucked out the door and seeing all the parachutes in the air look pretty cool!

Reactions: RotorWash
I was at an airshow and seen this plane in action.

Designed for a short runway, it landed, dropped off the troops, backed up on the runway a bit, and took off in record time.

Never seen a plane back up before.
It was cool.

You guys would've really enjoyed seeing the Blue Angels' C-130 "Fat Albert" back when they used to do JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off). It was really more rocket booster assist rather than "jet" as we think of it. It was LOUD and to see that big ol' boy climb like that was truly jawdropping. Alas, all the JATO bottles in the inventory have been expended, so there'll be no more.

Hey, Guys, I have a DJI Spark youtube channel where I make cinematic footage. I would really love some subscribers and tips if you have any.
Channel Name: Fisher Hirsch Photography
here is one of my videos. ill be posting Every week!

Thanks So much, Everyone!

Fisher Hirsch

Slow down Fisher.

One post is enough. :)

Please post your videos in the photo video section of the Forum.

Multiple posts of the same thing will have others shy away from your content.

Thanks and welcome to the Forum.?

Oh, btw, you're up one more subscriber.

Our place is in the flight path (approximately) between two Canadian armed forces bases, we get the occasional fly overs of copters and transports like that C-17. They do show up usually on flightradar24.com but their identity is hidden, unlike the commercial stuff.

Well, perhaps they were using UAVForecast too? <wink>

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme