Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Great app for Spark pilots called UAV Forecast

Zoran

Join
Sep 22, 2017
Hello there, just letting all Spark pilots know of a great app called UAV Forecast, where once you've set your parameters, it let's you know wether it's a good day for flying or not, see screen shot attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171030-131134.png
    Screenshot_20171030-131134.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 86
Yeah I’ll second that, I’ve been using it as well and it’s been pretty helpful. It also gives you a map with flight zones, a forecast, and wind speeds at different altitudes

Reactions: Zoran
UAV Forecast replaced my normal weather app about 18 months ago, it gives you the perfect hour by hour forecast for all occasions ;-)

Reactions: Zoran
Out of curiosity, what do you guys keep your settings at?

Mine is set to:

Max Wind: 20mph (gusts on) - This seems to put me in the red the most - i'm considering turning off gusts?
Wind Altitude: 400 feet
Min Temp: 40 degrees F (I hate the cold anyway)
Max Temp: 95 degrees F (adjust for wind chill on)
Max Sky Cover: 100%
Min Visibility: 2 Miles
Min Satellites: 10
GPS Elev Mask: 15 degrees

The only feature I wish this app had, was the ability to click on the map zones to get the airport / helipad's contact info.

Probably the best such app out there.

I have similar settings, and I also get the red often, but I prefer to have that pointed out to me so that I know what to expect at whatever I am shootings.

If I see green, all is ideal.

If I see red, I see what is red so that I can determine if that matters today. Wind gusts dont matter if I am indoors, for example.

The only feature I wish this app had, was the ability to click on the map zones to get the airport / helipad's contact info.

AirMap has the ability to do that.

Funny thing I noticed today....UAV forecast showed my local temperature as a high of 28c. Judging by all the snow in my yard, I know this to be false. Had to update the location a couple times to have it correct itself. I don't know if that means it has other accuracy issues, but just a heads up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast