Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Moon Fairy - Nightvision for spark

I

Inactive

Hello Pilots so I just bought a small night vision camera design for drones and I'm going to attach it to my spark it's extremely lightweight about the weight of the landing gear for the spark and I'm going to attach it but I don't know how I've heard of it being done do you guys or girls have any idea how I would go about doing this I have seen Sparks with this camera attached but have no idea how to do it myself.

The reason why I'm doing this is because I'm not exactly rich and after the great Louisiana flood I wanted to make my spark my very own little search and rescue and reconnaissance drone for assistance purposes only obviously.

It would probably have to run it separately unless you're an electrical guru.
You may be able to stream it to your phone once you take off but you wouldn't get much range. My mate Al has used it on a quad...

So a couple of things.

- Your night vision camera is just that: a camera. You'll need a separate transmitter, battery, receiver and monitor if you want to monitor it in real time -- Note this is all separate from the Spark's systems - it's all stand-alone. Also, you will need to spend quite a bit if you want any kind of range.

- The night vision camera is really a low lux camera. It's not like a FLIR thermal cam that can see in complete darkness. So you'll need some lights (IR or regular) to get any kind of image in the dark, and even then it will be really short range (less than 50 feet) due to the small lights needed for the Spark.

Unfortunately, there's no real cheap way to get good results. Sorry! :confused:

It's ok I actually purchased a night vision cam for drones, but gave it to a friend instead, I feared that by the time I would be done, my spark would be loaded down like the Beverly Hillbillies and would have a much shorter flight time and the spark flight time isn't very grateful already so, I'll just leave it as it is for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert