Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Harbour 360

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Took this the other day, the harbour and community of Miminegash are located in northwest Prince Edward Island, Canada. A lot of lobster is landed here every fall and their season starts in two weeks. We have two lobster seasons here on the Island, spring (May-June) for the north shore and fall (Aug-Oct) along the south shore.

Harbour 360 Pano

I love the bright red mud.... from that song, you know...:cool:

Great capture... BTW, I tried out Kuula for these 360s as I was annoyed by Skypixel's cookie nagging... have you tried it? Kuula.com

I stuck my same new pano there to compare, they have some filters and stuff that SkyPixel seems to lack. You be the judge...

I didn't think you could make that pano look any better than it was but wow, Kuula wins it. Actually I was on their sign up page a couple of weeks ago but then read they limited photo uploads to 16x8k and at the time I thought I might need to go to 19k. After doing a few however, I'm quite satisfied with the comparably small standard sized 8x4k image so I think I may revisit Kuula again. I like SkyPixel for it's simplicity, ease of use and clean look but if I were wanting to sell panos to clients, Kuula would present better, more features and you've proven it can look better there as well. Since the basic plan is free and offers more than enough uploads per month I guess there's no reason not to giver a go! Thanks for reminding me of this Robin! :)

I started with Kuula, then went to SkyPixel. Maybe I’ll take another look at Kuula. I like their tours feature (being able to link panos with a clickable link).

A long time ago, I used Apple’s QuickTime VR Authoring Studio. It was a great piece of software until Apple abandoned it. It created a standalone VR file that you could use anywhere and also had the ability to link VR files together to create tours all without the internet or other specialized software. Today you have to sign up to a web site like Kuula or SkyPixel to host your VR panos or you have to add specialized code to your own website if you don’t want to use a hosting site. That’s progress for you!!!

Chris

Reactions: RotorWash
A lot of lobster is landed here every fall and their season starts in two weeks. We have two lobster seasons here on the Island, spring (May-June) for the north shore and fall (Aug-Oct) along the south shore.

Beautiful shot!

Since we were unable to visit P.E.I. this year, we're hoping for next. In the mean time keep posting photos of your beautiful area!

Maybe a Spark Pilots cookout? ?

I'll have my Passport on standby. ?

Lovely shot and really interesting. I never know how to view these shots-are they totally spherical or do the buttons do different things? Also how do you get the shot into Skypixel which I think is the dji software in the Go4 app?

Beautiful shot!

Since we were unable to visit P.E.I. this year, we're hoping for next. In the mean time keep posting photos of your beautiful area!
Thank you Kendallfordguy, sure hope you can make it here next year! The best time to visit the Island is from the middle of July to the end of September.

I started with Kuula, then went to SkyPixel. Maybe I’ll take another look at Kuula. I like their tours feature (being able to link panos with a clickable link).

A long time ago, I used Apple’s QuickTime VR Authoring Studio. It was a great piece of software until Apple abandoned it. It created a standalone VR file that you could use anywhere and also had the ability to link VR files together to create tours all without the internet or other specialized software. Today you have to sign up to a web site like Kuula or SkyPixel to host your VR panos or you have to add specialized code to your own website if you don’t want to use a hosting site. That’s progress for you!!!

Chris
I can remember using something VR like that Chris but in Windows. I was using it to test out virtual 360 tours inside homes with the intention of offering the service to real estate agents. Had a great fisheye lens on a Nikon and it worked well but ended up going in other directions.

Lovely shot and really interesting. I never know how to view these shots-are they totally spherical or do the buttons do different things? Also how do you get the shot into Skypixel which I think is the dji software in the Go4 app?
Thanks twickers14, the picture is totally spherical (a lot of the sky is filled in though) and can be moved around by clicking/pressing anywhere on the image and dragging it around to get different views. On the side there are zoom in/out and fullscreen buttons. Skypixel is accessible through the GO4 app but I just login to the website from my computer and then upload the completed spherical image from the desktop.

Chris
I remember those VR files.. , Apple likes to abandon things, I had a basement full of those before my last move! Way back I used Macromind Director for some MM stuff.... back before the Internet came along... <robin then yells at kids to get off his lawn> :D

• Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme