Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Has the Mavic Mini replaced the Spark?

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA

ndaru

Join
Mar 2, 2019
When MA2 Waypoint SDK is released, I'll buy it. I'm using Spark for land survey, so waypoint mode is a must.

Gcsparker

Join
Nov 30, 2018
There's no denying the of the 3 drones, the MA2 is the best, but what do you mean when you say that the spark has features that the mini cannot offer, to what are you referring? The only negative I'm aware of is lower maximum speed, which would translate to worse performance in wind. But the mini also has several advantages such as 3-axis vs 2-axis gimbal, longer flight time and range, and of course the lower weight and smaller size.
Mini Has No obstacle av
There's no denying the of the 3 drones, the MA2 is the best, but what do you mean when you say that the spark has features that the mini cannot offer, to what are you referring? The only negative I'm aware of is lower maximum speed, which would translate to worse performance in wind. But the mini also has several advantages such as 3-axis vs 2-axis gimbal, longer flight time and range, and of course the lower weight and smaller size.
mavic mini has no obstacle avoidance, lower max speed, can’t do active track and can’t use Litchi and Autopilot For pre-programmed waypoint missions.

Reactions: basily

Northwood Mediaworks

Mavic Air 2 & Spark
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Spark is better in the wind, Mini, not bad but its susceptible to gusts much more than Sparky. Mini has the camera end of things way over the Spark, so if you live in less windy environments, then its going to work out better in every respect. I considered it before, and given the near constant wind speeds where I live, it decided to wait, and chose the Air 2. If it were not for Covid 19 banging my retirement funds, I might have gone for the Mavic 2 Pro or waited for the rumored Mavic 3 Pro... or the Evo 2 Pro, but I got almost as much drone as those for half the price, so happy here. But there will always be a place in my heart for the Spark, I am keeping it for now. If someone is desperate for parts some day, I may let it go.

netfolks2000

Join
Mar 26, 2018
Loc
Texas
Spark is better in the wind, Mini, not bad but its susceptible to gusts much more than Sparky. Mini has the camera end of things way over the Spark, so if you live in less windy environments, then its going to work out better in every respect. I considered it before, and given the near constant wind speeds where I live, it decided to wait, and chose the Air 2. If it were not for Covid 19 banging my retirement funds, I might have gone for the Mavic 2 Pro or waited for the rumored Mavic 3 Pro... or the Evo 2 Pro, but I got almost as much drone as those for half the price, so happy here. But there will always be a place in my heart for the Spark, I am keeping it for now. If someone is desperate for parts some day, I may let it go.
I just hope we can continue to find Spark batteries a while. Maybe a 3rd party vendor will produce some like they do for the Mavics, which work very well.

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
I just hope we can continue to find Spark batteries a while. Maybe a 3rd party vendor will produce some like they do for the Mavics, which work very well.

Give this thread a read.

It's a discussion about battery availability or other options.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawnee