Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Has the Mavic Mini replaced the Spark?

What would there in a Mavic Air 3 to be attractive that the Mavic Air 2 doesn't have?
I see other drones before that coming before a Mavic Air 3.

I made an error.

It's a Mavic 3, not a Mavic Air 3.

Oops. ?

I made an error.

It's a Mavic 3, not a Mavic Air 3.

Oops. ?
I'd like to see a completely new model name for one that includes (like the EVO) a large monitor built-in to the controller. That would be my final feature desire. No more phone hook-ups, just turn on both and launch.

Reactions: Spark 317
When MA2 Waypoint SDK is released, I'll buy it. I'm using Spark for land survey, so waypoint mode is a must.

There's no denying the of the 3 drones, the MA2 is the best, but what do you mean when you say that the spark has features that the mini cannot offer, to what are you referring? The only negative I'm aware of is lower maximum speed, which would translate to worse performance in wind. But the mini also has several advantages such as 3-axis vs 2-axis gimbal, longer flight time and range, and of course the lower weight and smaller size.
Mini Has No obstacle av
There's no denying the of the 3 drones, the MA2 is the best, but what do you mean when you say that the spark has features that the mini cannot offer, to what are you referring? The only negative I'm aware of is lower maximum speed, which would translate to worse performance in wind. But the mini also has several advantages such as 3-axis vs 2-axis gimbal, longer flight time and range, and of course the lower weight and smaller size.
mavic mini has no obstacle avoidance, lower max speed, can’t do active track and can’t use Litchi and Autopilot For pre-programmed waypoint missions.

Spark is better in the wind, Mini, not bad but its susceptible to gusts much more than Sparky. Mini has the camera end of things way over the Spark, so if you live in less windy environments, then its going to work out better in every respect. I considered it before, and given the near constant wind speeds where I live, it decided to wait, and chose the Air 2. If it were not for Covid 19 banging my retirement funds, I might have gone for the Mavic 2 Pro or waited for the rumored Mavic 3 Pro... or the Evo 2 Pro, but I got almost as much drone as those for half the price, so happy here. But there will always be a place in my heart for the Spark, I am keeping it for now. If someone is desperate for parts some day, I may let it go.

Spark is better in the wind, Mini, not bad but its susceptible to gusts much more than Sparky. Mini has the camera end of things way over the Spark, so if you live in less windy environments, then its going to work out better in every respect. I considered it before, and given the near constant wind speeds where I live, it decided to wait, and chose the Air 2. If it were not for Covid 19 banging my retirement funds, I might have gone for the Mavic 2 Pro or waited for the rumored Mavic 3 Pro... or the Evo 2 Pro, but I got almost as much drone as those for half the price, so happy here. But there will always be a place in my heart for the Spark, I am keeping it for now. If someone is desperate for parts some day, I may let it go.
I just hope we can continue to find Spark batteries a while. Maybe a 3rd party vendor will produce some like they do for the Mavics, which work very well.

I just hope we can continue to find Spark batteries a while. Maybe a 3rd party vendor will produce some like they do for the Mavics, which work very well.

Give this thread a read.

It's a discussion about battery availability or other options.

Hi, since DJI product ads, drone comparisons and the DJI Store now longer mention the Spark, has that been discontinued? If so is their replacement the Mavic Mini? If I wanted to by a newer model drone from DJI today, is the Mini the closest in functionality to the Spark?

Thanks,
Rick

I like both but if having to choose one, it'd be the Spark. I'm my hood it's far too windy for too often for the MM.

Thank goodness our garden is producing very well this year so between that and eating bagged bulk dry cereal and lots of pbj sandwiches, I saved enough to pop for a Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme