Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help with a problem that fixed itself

sharps45

Join
Apr 18, 2019
I'll never learn! Fixated on the video screen, I wasn't watching Snarky and backed him into some trees. An hour of searching through willows, weeds, and Russian Olive trees, and I found him. The gimbal was flopping around, and when I put on a new battery I had no control over the gimbal, and no picture through the lens. Crap!
Put him away for the weekend while I researched somewhere to send it for repair. Finding a likely fixer, I went to wrap him for shipping today, and the gimbal wasn't flopping any more. Put on a battery and all seems normal. Any ideas on what happened and why? Thanks

The gimbal was knocked crazy for a while.
After setting with no power, the accelerometers settled down and reset.
Thanks for that. Have a pal with a Mavic 1 who knocked his gimbal silly also. He sent it off the next day for repair. Now I wonder if it would have reset. Different gimbal I know, but maybe?

Thanks for that. Have a pal with a Mavic 1 who knocked his gimbal silly also. He sent it off the next day for repair. Now I wonder if it would have reset. Different gimbal I know, but maybe?

See if it holds the horizon first.
Meaning, level it in the settings, send it up.
Bring it down, turn it off...then send it up again and again.
After about 3 flights of turning it off and on, see if it still has the horizon level on its own after adjustment.
If it is level, great.
If not, send it to service.

See if it holds the horizon first.
Meaning, level it in the settings, send it up.
Bring it down, turn it off...then send it up again and again.
After about 3 flights of turning it off and on, see if it still has the horizon level on its own after adjustment.
If it is level, great.
If not, send it to service.
Thanks. I'll try this. Did take it out for extended flying today, didn't notice any problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit