Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SOLICITATION OF FUNDS: To Help Keep a Spark Pilot Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm

I'm sorry your a Dick also, If you don't want to donate, don't
whoa.,.. calling someone a dick not cool.. so im a dick for seeing a person soliciting funds for a toy? wow just wow if this guy is about to loose his house or apartment or needs food etc sure no problem but this is a toy.. he can save up and get it or get the controller there about 150 bucks or less on ebay... why should we have to fund his hobby.... and im a dick for speaking the truth.. just because its a moderators buddy.. and your brown nosing does not make it right you call me a dick for speaking the truth....

i dont give homeless money.. i gave and when i saw them go and buy booze and not food i stopped.. i once gave food saw them toss it away and get angry at me.. another time i said be here at this time gave them a watch with an alarm set it for them said they would make 500 dollars to use towards cloths etc they never showed.. so people u nless i see your in real need and not for some toy.. i will not donate and discourage it... i once created with a group of others a mod for garrys mod the best one out there for stargate fans we never asked one bit for money we spent 5 years on it.. it just gets me someone would ask on here

.. im sorry im a dick but why should you have to pay so some dude can get a drone..
Thing is, no one else has to pay some dude to get a drone. theDroneranger simply found a situation for which he felt compassion and thought he would ask if there were others that might want to crowd source a remedy that might keep someone from having to give up their drone due to hard times. Life should be about more than just surviving. Droning might be the one thing that individual can do that brings joy. I don't know the person or their situation, so I'm not in a position to make judgement. I'm sorry your efforts to help some downtrodden people showed their ingratitude and left you feeling betrayed. I can't understand why extending such an offer in this forum should make you mad. Just walk on by if you don't want to get involved.

ok this makes me alittle mad soliciting members for money.. to fly a drone...

only way id help out is if the money went to food and rent power and or something like that.. you wanna fly then you get a job save up etc.... also you shoulnd be asking strangers for money anyway.. get a job.. apply for food stamps.. etc.. dont give to this person people.. im sorry im a dick but why should you have to pay so some dude can get a drone..
Your wording is a tad harsh but I agree with your sentiment. This funding just doesn’t rise to the level of needing a liver transplant or such. Nor does it meet a prescription for Spark Therapy.

Seriously. If this is that serious then ask your local community, people who know you, and understand the situation to kick in. Personally, I’d i had such a need, I’d hook up with a local pub and raid the $ in an evening. And have fun doing it ?.

Just my thinking.

Don’t lose sight of the facts The OP is not asking for themselves. Just trying to help another forum member. The word community seems absent to some on this forum. Also, no one is demanding you donate, read or reply to this thread which was approved by the administration

Last edited:
ok this makes me alittle mad soliciting members for money.. to fly a drone...

only way id help out is if the money went to food and rent power and or something like that.. you wanna fly then you get a job save up etc.... also you shoulnd be asking strangers for money anyway.. get a job.. apply for food stamps.. etc.. dont give to this person people.. im sorry im a dick but why should you have to pay so some dude can get a drone..
I hear what you're saying and many would no doubt agree with you. I realize that sometimes not helping someone is actually helping someone. However the way I look at this is theDRONEranger evaluated the situation and the mods agreed with the idea so I feel confident it's money well given. You asked, "but why should you have to pay so some dude can get a drone.", well that's the thing, you don't have to pay, it's only if you want to and if I lived in the U.S. I would have already. However I can fully understand the opposite pov and that's ok as well.

Wow.....
just can’t find the words to express how many thoughts are flowing through my pea brain.....and heart.....
I know the joy of giving.
I know the anger and spite of being scammed.
I am sitting at a National Fast Food establishment that I won’t name.....they have a program to help kids and ask you to donate a dollar to help America’s kids......I don’t doubt the integrity of the program.

I dislike their choice of words that to me are very leading down a path that makes me feel like a very enlarged part of the male. anatomy

I now start my order with.....No I don’t wish to donate....I would like a Happy Snack with Lobster , canned Spam....instant mashed potatoes and a Jack and Coke.....

yes I would like to super size the Jack in the coke for 2 dollars more.

I prefer to make donations in an anonymous way.....but sometimes that isn’t an option.

For a guy who couldn’t find the words......I’m having a hard time stopping.

With an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other .....

I pledge 15 dollars I will check my pms and this thread for updates over next two weeks. Every other day at least.

This is a bit of new territory and I applaud the seemed good intentions.
I am sure the moderators are biting their nails so to speak....

I wish them wisdom in the way a precedent is set here.

Now.....if this rain breaks maybe I can fly later....with a full stomach and with the extra new battery obtained earlier today.

“May We All”

Don’t lose sight of the facts The OP is not asking for themselves. Just trying to help another forum member. The word community seems absent to some on this forum. Also, no one is demanding you donate, read or reply to this thread which was approved by the administration
Hmmmmm seems there is a well know person who was asking for money just to help people in need and somehow the money went for a painting of himself..just sayin
I have donor on my D.L and I don't think I'm particularly stingy but something about begging on this forum seems wrong....all wrong

Hmmmmm seems there is a well know person who was asking for money just to help people in need and somehow the money went for a painting of himself..just sayin
I have donor on my D.L and I don't think I'm particularly stingy but something about begging on this forum seems wrong....all wrong
Awww, crap theDroneRanger, you’re busted. Now you can’t get that self portrait. Re-****-diculas comparison.
hiflyer, not even going to try to make you see things differently. I could explain it to you but I can’t make you understand it.

Reactions: hiflyer
...but something about begging on this forum seems wrong....all wrong
Begging? Wow, you and I read theDRONEranger totally different. I took it at face value, having no reason do think otherwise. He wasn't asking for himself. He wasn't even asking for anyone to send money up front, just asked if anyone wanted to pledge a donation for the stated cause. I'm not a rainbows and unicorns type of person, but neither am I one that automatically expects the worst from people. Him asking the question in no way took anything away from anyone nor did he try to guilt trip people for not participating and he certainly can't make you donate even if you made a pledge and changed your mind. Give if you want, don't give if you want, but there's no reason to impugn the man's character. That's just wrong.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I'm very sorry if I impugned his character. I didn't mean to. I'm sure he's much more honest that the guy who purchased the painting..almost anybody is. however...there is a financial responsibility for anyone flying a drone . I know that. You know that, and I'm sure everyone else on this forum knows that. And besides that..there are plenty of low cost drones on the market that anyone can afford.
I never thought of adding a verb to the word ridiculous...what a concept.

We have one of the longest running threads here since the last couple of months and all the heated debate just for donating $10. Seriously people? Never heard anyone going bankrupt and having to sell his house because he got scammed and had to part with $10. And what's so wrong in posting a thread about raising money for a Spark remote here? What else do you expect to see in this forum? Donation for a kidney transplant? I am sorry if I sound harsh but the biggest enemy of mankind today are the people who dissuade those who try to do something good for others. Yes, you have the right to have an opinion but no one is "begging" at your door. It is just another post in a public forum. If you don't like the post, simply ignore it and move on. Peace.

Never heard anyone going bankrupt and having to sell his house because he got scammed and had to part with $10.
And I've never heard of anyone who had to sell his $300 drone in order to prevent bankruptcy and losing his house, either. Nor do I understand how getting a free remote for that Spark would somehow change his financial situation in any way shape or form.

I'm just not quite sure of this whole thing. On one hand, it's nice to see someone trying to help someone else out. However, I fail to see how free controller will make the difference between this person keeping his Spark or losing his Spark. A remote is not necessary to fly the Spark. Why would he have to get rid of it if he doesn't get a controller, and why would having a controller mean he can keep the Spark? Something just seems off here.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoM1
And I've never heard of anyone who had to sell his $300 drone in order to prevent bankruptcy and losing his house, either. Nor do I understand how getting a free remote for that Spark would somehow change his financial situation in any way shape or form.

I'm just not quite sure of this whole thing. On one hand, it's nice to see someone trying to help someone else out. However, I fail to see how free controller will make the difference between this person keeping his Spark or losing his Spark. A remote is not necessary to fly the Spark. Why would he have to get rid of it if he doesn't get a controller, and why would having a controller mean he can keep the Spark? Something just seems off here.

That was said directly and kindly, and I agree. And I’m sorry to say, it just doesn’t fit in this forum because of the comments above.

I'm still tying to wrap my head around the claim that the recipient of this "goodwill" gesture will be forced to give up flying and sell his toy if he doesn't get/have a remote (huh?). And that the receipt of that remote will somehow prevent that grave injustice from occurring (huh again?). DroneRanger; care to explain?

Many of us go through financial ups & downs...during the downs, certain discretionary spending must be curtailed. Sometimes, we must even give up/sell some "toys" (OMG!). That's life. But someone "giving" me an accessory for a toy doesn't change that, and it's certainly not a "noble" cause, IMO. You want to get the guy a remote? Fine, go for it. But don't try to claim that without it, the guy will be forced to sell his Spark; that just doesn't fly.

Interesting discussion, if I was a mod I would be mouse hovering above the lock button by now... The fact that its US only still bothers me. That does not compute in a benevolent gesture. Money is money. 'nuff said here.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Due to severe lack of audience participation I hereby declare this effort, to keep a fellow pilot flying, as closed. I wish to thank the following two individuals for the kindness of their hearts in the offering to assist:
Dragonfly Joe
BrIan Synder
Thank you both, your willingness to assist in this matter is clearly indicative of your desire to place others above self. I thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your pledges!
I will not deride others for lack of participation, as this was a voluntary effort to provide assistance to a total stranger. I thank you each and every one who inquired and sincerely hope no one should be placed in the same predicament. Should they be, rest assured, there are some who are willing to help! I do wish to thank everyone who visited the posting for stopping by to at least give it a read. I am glad I could at least pique your curiosity to visit the thread. I further wish only the best for all members of this forum.

Most Respectfully,
Jeffrey Wagner
theDRONEranger

MODS: Please close this thread at this point
R,
JW

Due to severe lack of audience participation I hereby declare this effort, to keep a fellow pilot flying, as closed. I wish to thank the following two individuals for the kindness of their hearts in the offering to assist:
Dragonfly Joe
BrIan Synder
Thank you both, your willingness to assist in this matter is clearly indicative of your desire to place others above self. I thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your pledges!
I will not deride others for lack of participation, as this was a voluntary effort to provide assistance to a total stranger. I thank you each and every one who inquired and sincerely hope no one should be placed in the same predicament. Should they be, rest assured, there are some who are willing to help! I do wish to thank everyone who visited the posting for stopping by to at least give it a read. I am glad I could at least pique your curiosity to visit the thread. I further wish only the best for all members of this forum.

Most Respectfully,
Jeffrey Wagner
theDRONEranger

MODS: Please close this thread at this point
R,
JW

Thanks for remembering me. Oh, wait, you forgot. You limited your audience, it failed. Too bad for your friend/target. That aside, I guess your heart was in the right place as were those other chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran