Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hi from The Great White North

Northern Bob

Join
Feb 8, 2019
Loc
Saint Lazare, Quebec
Hi folks. I’m a professional photography teacher at Dawson College so naturally I look to drone photography as my inspiration. Got a Eachine 58 as my learning drone and a Spark for serious imagery. Studied and passed the federal Basic Certificate Drone Pilots exam to fly the Spark - needed if drone weighs between 250gms and 25 kilograms.

After a year or two of Spark flights I hope to purchase the DJI Mavic 2 Pro for the longer flight time and, of course, the camera.

At that point I will probably take the Advanced Drone Pilot exam in order to be allowed to fly commercialy. I hope also to introduce the commercial aspects into our 3 year Photography program. Wouldn’t be a full course on drone photo but a good introduction into the field.

I’ve learned a lot by following this forum and as I gain experience, hope to contribute back when I can.

Northern Bob

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello again Northern Bob.

Looks like you're taking the right steps.

Start small, and practice, then go bigger and better.

We look forward to your content.:)

Welcome to the forum Northern Bob :) from Minnesota. Jeff :cool:

Hi Northern Bob from Spokane, WA. I have a sister in Ft. St. John. Beautiful (and big) country up there. It is hard to believe that when you reach Dawson there is still 2000 miles to go to get to Alaska o_O

Hello there are you from Dawson city or Dawson creek . I’m from the peace country

Hello there are you from Dawson city or Dawson creek . I’m from the peace country

Actually neither. I’m originally from Yakima, Washington and moved to Pointe-Claire, Quebec in 1977. I now live in Saint Lazare, Quebec very near the Ontario border with Quebec.
I teach professional photography, part of a 3 year program at Dawson College in Montreal.
Hope that clarifies things.
Northern Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef