Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hopefully easy question on pairing controller with Spark

MedicineMan4004

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Loc
upper east TN
Above the pause button and to the left of the DJI logo on the red panel is a small red light.
When I paired the drone and the controller that light turned green.
I turned all off and turned back on but the light is red now.
Should it not be green every time they are connected?
On my phone in WiFi settings Spark-RC is connected but 'internet may not be available'.....
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

It takes 30 sec to reaquire green, just wait.....

Yes, If it is bind, it should just connect after several seconds without pressing any key (can be up to 30 seconds). First lamp is blinking red and then it should be green, even if it comes. E solid red, just wait a little more, but max is let says a minute after RC powered up. First power the Spark and then the RC.
That's the normal behavior.

Sent from my SM-G950F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Thanks guys. You'd think mine was bound from the get-go since I bought Fly More package. I'll try again tomorrow and wait and wait.
But again do I hold all three buttons on the controller all that time or do I just depress the three momentarily?

ActionJack thanks.
I was thinking the overall process is-
1. the controller connects to the Spark via radio-frequency
2. the controller connects to the phone via WiFi or usb cable via OTG cable.
I'm using, or rather at this point trying to use a Samsung S8+ which I understand is problematic.
The better-half has a Note 4 which according to DJI is compatible but she has it at work with her.
All good things in time eh :)
Robert

You're correct but what you posted above is that your phone was connected to the Spark wifi. This could/will prevent the controller from linking.

It is expected with the Fly More Sparks that the RC and Spark are linked at the factory. This is not well documented and causes problems for some. It did for me initially.

You seem to mention above also that you "paired" the controller and RC and the light turned green. As long as they ARE paired then you just turn them on (the RC and AC) and wait for Green light to indicate connection. Cold start test of mine with no interaction of a phone or tablet is ~15 seconds of blinking Red until solid Green lock between RC and AC(Spark).

Just in case this wasn't known, anytime you reset the Spark's WiFi, by holding down the back button on the aircraft for 6 seconds, you will have to pair the RC and AC again. Otherwise it'll just take some time.

Sometimes I get impatient and press the AC button for 3 sec, hold the buttons on the RC, and 6 seconds later max they're paired. Not required though, just when I'm in a rush.

You're correct but what you posted above is that your phone was connected to the Spark wifi. This could/will prevent the controller from linking.

It is expected with the Fly More Sparks that the RC and Spark are linked at the factory. This is not well documented and causes problems for some. It did for me initially.

You seem to mention above also that you "paired" the controller and RC and the light turned green. As long as they ARE paired then you just turn them on (the RC and AC) and wait for Green light to indicate connection. Cold start test of mine with no interaction of a phone or tablet is ~15 seconds of blinking Red until solid Green lock between RC and AC(Spark).
Totally correct, it can take more time if the RC is first started and then the Spark later. Be sure to wait at least 30 seconds.

Thanks again.
It looks like I'll be spending a bit of time here, and who knows maybe someday I'll be able to contribute.
So a big thanks for helping the elderly. Sometimes I think I might be too old to play with today's tech but they
say it helps prevent Alzheimers learning new languages/games/etc.
Robert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena