Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Horrible live video

willardsSpark

Join
Apr 1, 2018
Did a quick test flight with 4.2.14, OTG, airplane mode. Video feed was awful. Grainy, laggy, and disconnected once. Just downgraded....again to 4.1.15 and all was like magic. Looks like Ill be staying on the older app for a while.

Enjoy this pic after my rant. :)

edit:
Link to 4.1.15 if anyone else is downgrading.

DJI_0022_zpszctotmfb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KenTheJeepGuy
I'm on 4.2.14 on most recent Android update . For the first time today, flying on the updated Go 4 my RC would connect on 2.4 GHz then disconnect after 5 seconds and the app would go to the main screen and say disconnected. I could still control the quad but was too scared to fly. I rebooted the phorp a bunch of times then finally re-paired quad and RC and it seemed to work. Luckily I didn't crash and my battery stayed attached. Video quality was absolute awful and it's usually pretty good. I was in an empty area and it didn't matter if I was 45 m from the quad or 5 cm.

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing poor video feeds with the 4.12.x versions. Did you manually select 2.4 Ghz? My only option was 5.8 manual or auto. No option for 2.4

I was just about to post and ask if anyone else was having problems with laggy live feed to the phone. I'm on the 4.2.12 version that got OTG back (haven't seen .14 yet) and lately when I try to rotate it's constantly stuttering and laggy. However when I watch the video on my computer it's completely smooth...so I know it's not the camera or the spark...just the connection to the controller... Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Or do I need to go back to the old 4.1.15? (I'm not sure if the 4.2.12 has anything that I really "require" to fly)

I had the disconnect problem a couple times with the update. I was in very close so the control was still there, but the app was disconnecting and re-connecting. I'm reverting to last update until they address.

Seems to be a common issue. The old 4.1.15 is rock solid with crystal clear video. I did not notice any difference in functionality between the new and old apps.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis