Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!
Yes, that's clear, it is to any of us to share his flight log to others through the link to that site. For privacy reason, these flight records can be seen only if you get the link for who upload it.
In other Pilots forums, it is common to use it to get advise from others. If you just want to cry and speculate, then better to go to dji forum.
Yes, I am familiar with the upload - my simple original question was to see/ask if there is any common feedback (yet) on the issues encountered by the fall from the sky Spark users. I am also familiar with the other forums too - thank you for your reply.

I agree with you and I hope that the people having such kind of issues can share their flight records in the future, with the new firmwares. I have personally seen only limited info about details of flights. Nothing that really help to understand why it happens. Spark is new but there are many existing tools to support troubleshooting of DJI products.

I had the same issue or at least similar happen to me yesterday. I powered my drone and immediately after it took off it lost power and crashed. I don't know if it had anything to done with the outside temperature of 96F. It showed that the aircraft lost connection with the remote. I also would like to point out I was using ios11 which is not supported yet but I don't see how that would disconnect the drone from the remote. Also, OTG cable does not work with ios11 FYI. I downgraded back to ios10 and lost all flight records. Connectivity issues kept happening throughout out the day and it would happen faster than the previous time. Maybe heat is an issue which means I can't use it in this part of Texas.

Well i hate to say it but today (4th) flight at 30m complete shutdown and fall; seems ok landed on grass.

Well the analysis stopped at a height of 29m just before it lost power (assumed problem) and fell from the sky.

This has got to be a firmware issue. Maybe the firmware on the battery has something wrong with it. This all started with this last update...

This has got to be a firmware issue. Maybe the firmware on the battery has something wrong with it. This all started with this last update...

This has been happening since the Spark was released and will continue to happen until DJI fixes it in the manufacturing process or through an update.

This has been happening since the Spark was released and will continue to happen until DJI fixes it in the manufacturing process or through an update.
This is the latest mail I got from DJI
With regards to your query, I would like to speak from my personal point of view that it would probably be wise to wait for the updated version than be sorry. The updated version will be coming out very soon however, even us here at the center don't know the estimated date or when.

I was flying my spark fine for a while. 3 weeks ago, I crashed it as I was trying to get it back from flying away due to low battery. It crashed and ejected the battery. Recently when I used the spark on this battery, it would lose power and drop and eject the battery. It's almost immediately after takeoff so it's height is less than 1 m. I recently noted that as the battery is discharged, while the spark is on but not flying, the battery level would go down to nothing and then after a second or so return to the previous level.

Guys check this thread out DJI replaced Fly away, "aircraft disconnected" could it happen ag...

The reason why i am sharing this with you is because DJI a few members of that forum avoided telling me what alert on my remote indicated when i lost video signal with the spark and it failed to RTH.

Now there are no birds as they all migrated a more then a month ago, there was 64% battery left, the flight data simply ends over a lake (notice many aircrafts having issues over lakes) and DJI insists that records do not show any signs of malfunction from their aircraft.

Been how these products are made i find it impossible for anyone to steal a dji product that can NOT be tracked down as soon as the person tries to fly it., so with out getting into all this their emails offer 30% on another purchase which i can NEVER accept and even if i where i do NOT have confidence in DJI, they could of told me that the signal from my remote indicated a power failure or battery drop out but instead they stayed silent and ignored my questions about the single long been and pauses from the remote or data only they can see proving this.

i believe they fully responsible and should replace my drone., its more less like a GopRo Karma., maybe class action is the answer, i already contacted a lawyer that said the manufacture HAS TO PROVE the product was in good working order and in the event something happened they have to also prove it is not the result of the end user in cases like this., other manufactures like GoPro had to recall their Karma drones, if this is an isolated case and DJI decided to SCRWE ME they picked the wrong person., its now my project to deal with them as they consistently and rudely avoided explaining what that remote alert was to conceal and battery malfunction.

Check this email and fallowing thread out, i got another one again saying they have no clue what happened and only offered 30%, no way i would buy a product not knowing what will happen again:
here is what they said;

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-1424083-V8B8P5 , we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode, and responded to the pilot's control well; T=00:03, the aircraft recorded the Home Point: 48.4748211 -4.5286977;
2. T=06:28, H=165 m, D=84 m, Battery 62%, the aircraft was switched to Sport mode and the pilot pulled down the throttle stick fully, then the flight record ended. The last recorded coordinate: 48.4744183 -4.5277434.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another aircraft, we can try to especially apply for a 30% off coupon for Spark(Alpine White) without remote:
http://store.dji.com/product/spark

If you would like to accept the offer, please reply to my email for example “I accept the offer”.

And may I know when you place the order, do you want to ship the aircraft to France?

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards, WTF!!!!!!!

I tried speaking to them, tried calling them...i was wondering if they where suggesting a new drone was around the corner, honestly...i may consider the Mavic Air but....seriously...this has to be solved first!, i am embaressed to report to the family i proposed invest in a drone park, would be the first of its kind in a amusement park.

But seriously, check out the threat and all for yourself. Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH!

here is the last video, i found it in the cache files;

This is a screenshot of the flight simulated on the iphone:

This is the log file uploaded ;
YouTube
and another site showing log file:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Here is a 360 Pano taken during the previous flight;
Google Maps
Google Maps

Some old shots of the area with a Mavic Pro:
jZgiYXRFkdS2
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
I hope im not been rude sharing my own issues in this thread, but its the same exact issue, has to be a remote glitch

But seriously mate, 3 months?

Guys check this thread out DJI replaced Fly away, "aircraft disconnected" could it happen ag...

The reason why i am sharing this with you is because DJI a few members of that forum avoided telling me what alert on my remote indicated when i lost video signal with the spark and it failed to RTH.

Now there are no birds as they all migrated a more then a month ago, there was 64% battery left, the flight data simply ends over a lake (notice many aircrafts having issues over lakes) and DJI insists that records do not show any signs of malfunction from their aircraft.

Been how these products are made i find it impossible for anyone to steal a dji product that can NOT be tracked down as soon as the person tries to fly it., so with out getting into all this their emails offer 30% on another purchase which i can NEVER accept and even if i where i do NOT have confidence in DJI, they could of told me that the signal from my remote indicated a power failure or battery drop out but instead they stayed silent and ignored my questions about the single long been and pauses from the remote or data only they can see proving this.

i believe they fully responsible and should replace my drone., its more less like a GopRo Karma., maybe class action is the answer, i already contacted a lawyer that said the manufacture HAS TO PROVE the product was in good working order and in the event something happened they have to also prove it is not the result of the end user in cases like this., other manufactures like GoPro had to recall their Karma drones, if this is an isolated case and DJI decided to SCRWE ME they picked the wrong person., its now my project to deal with them as they consistently and rudely avoided explaining what that remote alert was to conceal and battery malfunction.

Check this email and fallowing thread out, i got another one again saying they have no clue what happened and only offered 30%, no way i would buy a product not knowing what will happen again:
here is what they said;

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-1424083-V8B8P5 , we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode, and responded to the pilot's control well; T=00:03, the aircraft recorded the Home Point: 48.4748211 -4.5286977;
2. T=06:28, H=165 m, D=84 m, Battery 62%, the aircraft was switched to Sport mode and the pilot pulled down the throttle stick fully, then the flight record ended. The last recorded coordinate: 48.4744183 -4.5277434.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another aircraft, we can try to especially apply for a 30% off coupon for Spark(Alpine White) without remote:
http://store.dji.com/product/spark

If you would like to accept the offer, please reply to my email for example “I accept the offer”.

And may I know when you place the order, do you want to ship the aircraft to France?

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards, WTF!!!!!!!

I tried speaking to them, tried calling them...i was wondering if they where suggesting a new drone was around the corner, honestly...i may consider the Mavic Air but....seriously...this has to be solved first!, i am embaressed to report to the family i proposed invest in a drone park, would be the first of its kind in a amusement park.

But seriously, check out the threat and all for yourself. Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH!

here is the last video, i found it in the cache files;

This is a screenshot of the flight simulated on the iphone:

This is the log file uploaded ;
YouTube
and another site showing log file:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Here is a 360 Pano taken during the previous flight;
Google Maps
Google Maps

Some old shots of the area with a Mavic Pro:
jZgiYXRFkdS2
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
I hope im not been rude sharing my own issues in this thread, but its the same exact issue, has to be a remote glitch

But seriously mate, 3 months?

I went through all of the above, in my case I watched my drone stop dead with 80 percent battery life and fall into a lake. Sent all the details including video and they said the same BS. DJI knows there is a problem with these they are covering it up to avoid an expensive recall. Yesterday they released yet another model a cross between the Mavic and Spark, every time they release a new drone we the consumers become test pilots at our expense. They are using us and our hard earned money to perfect their products with no risk on their parts. It wont be until one of these drop out of the sky and injure someone until they do something about this. Count me in on class action!!!!

Did you notice how they are ignored explaining what the remote alerts meant and used cyber trolls to blind side anyone, the alerts show clear malfunctions caused between the remote and the aircraft,

The justification DJI gave for offering a 30% DISCOUNT ON A replacement purchase was that they found nothing wrong with the aircraft, flight, location or condition it was flown in to suggest it was a pilot error, ignoring the remote issue they claimed the flight records stopped right there, ignoring everything about the remote which they limited and which caused this due to malfunction.

do you remember the alerts you received on your remote?
I got the single beep when i hit RTH instead of the double beep., a while later i got the longer screeching beeps which to me indicated that the drone had already took over the pilot or fell from the sky all togther because the screeching beep took place after i entered the property with the remote, when i went outside the single beeps continued as the battery on the remote started draining after 30 mins down to 2 bars., no aircraft returned!

Count me in on class action!!!!

OK, I'm a noob, only had the Spark a couple of weeks, but I'm also a diagnostic engineer and it occurred to me that there's one situation where the motors might stop without pilot intervention, and it's not necessarily because of the CSC stick gestures I've asked about in another post.

What if the Spark's sensing systems think that it's upside down, could being over water also have an influence if attitude sensing is compromised?

it rigorously stays on its belly, there has been tests with extreme air blowers and its very good at not turning upside down, which results in power off.

It has been confirmed that the issues remains to be linked back to the remote, mostly after a firmware update.
it causes the air crafts to go into auto pilot mode, people can tell by the alerts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers