Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How do I assemble shallow focus image after flight?

Pashasdad

Join
Jul 1, 2017
Seems like a dumb question but,
I tried to test the shallow focus feature of my Spark today. After powering off the aircraft and remote and removing the SD card, I noticed that there is a sub-directory on the SD card called SHALLOWFOCUS and it contains 15 jpgs in it.
How can I assemble the shallow focus image after the fact? Is it too late?

I think if you turn on the craft and enter the flight controller there's a play button below the normal camera button. Hit that and navigate to your shallow focus image and it will auto stitch it for you. Then you can download it for the phone.

If you connect directly to the aircraft (with the SD card in it) you can go to Editor (the film reel with a play button) head into photos, and it'll assemble the photo for you, then you click the bottom right option while on the photo (it's an iris with a pencil through it) and adjust what you want in and out of focus by tapping and moving the slider up or down.
You can adjust several different distances to be more in or out of focus with this btw. It's not just one focal point able to be changed.

Reactions: BlancoRob
Right way and it work nice, but does anybody know any software that would be able to do that process.
But I don't want to process just this kind of picture through the Go4 app, the Spark/RC powered and my phone.

You could cheat it with Photoshop... What it's doing is making a several layered image, and blurring some layers, while making others more crisp. If you trust your lasso skills enough you could just take a regular photo and make it shallow focus given... 10 min?

That's my back country fix though... I bet there's a program out there

There a company called Lytro that creates adjustable focus photos. I'm not sure but perhaps they have some software.

But they are a hardware company primarily

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: His415
I think if you turn on the craft and enter the flight controller there's a play button below the normal camera button. Hit that and navigate to your shallow focus image and it will auto stitch it for you. Then you can download it for the phone.
But since all batteries have a life cicle i wouldn't want to spend my batteries lifetime playing with my photos. I think DJI had to put this
functionality on the DJI MEDIA MAKER as they did with the panorama photos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard