Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What to do with Sphere Mode final image?

Wouldn't be a storage but rather a RAM issue and the iPhone 6 only has 1Gb so...no problems stitching on my iPad 2017 with its 2Gb of RAM. Try to close any other running apps.

Reactions: Floyd-Spark
Its an iPhone 6. I have the Crystalsky 5.5 but it has not been updated yet with the 360 pano mode so I have to use the phone. I have over 10GB free on the iPhone.
This appears to be an Iphone 6 problem. On DJI's forums there are a couple of threads about this. I have also had this problem with my Iphone 6. Stiches about 80% and then crashes the app. I will try my Ipad mini 4 later today, but it was suggested the 6 doesn't have enough RAM.

I viewed the 360 image in dji go 4 app then did a screen copy. Just a simple crop was then necessary.

When looking on the Tiny Planet Pictures generated in GO4, I find them not as sharp as the originals. Must say they are a bit blurry if you look close. I recall having read that the DJI stitching is not as good as separate programs.

Therefore I first tried with Microsoft ICE. In the program it looked fair enough, but when opening the resulting html file, nothing happens. Just an empty web reader. ?

So then I tried with Hugin, but in the program it looked like the stiching was not synchronized as the parts did not match each other. ?

Anyone that could give some tips?

This appears to be an Iphone 6 problem. On DJI's forums there are a couple of threads about this. I have also had this problem with my Iphone 6. Stiches about 80% and then crashes the app. I will try my Ipad mini 4 later today, but it was suggested the 6 doesn't have enough RAM.
Thanks mate. One user suggested RAM also. Might have to wait for the CS update that includes 360 pano. Or get a new phone.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. One user suggested RAM also. Might have to wait for the CS update that includes 360 pano. Or get a new phone.
iphone 6 plus here....same problem as well as everyone else that has that phone....i just upgraded to iphone 8 plus....problem gone

But I love my 6. It's been so problem free. Using my wifi only mini 4 and 6 in my pocket combo has worked well though. Not giving up my 6 quite yet.

Yep it's pretty decent and good enough to produce nice content with Theta+. Will see if I can do the same with PS then.

Yes for FB no need to worry about that, in fact I've found that ICE + Exif Fixer works straightaway.
What I normally do is create the stitch in ICE, then open the image in photoshop, expand the canvas size vertically to a 2:1 canvas.
Then, rather than use content aware fill, I select the sky part of the picture, edit -> Free transform, and expand it vertically till it fills the upper empty part of the canvas.
Save as jpeg, right click on the file and update the exif data (properties).

This way, you don't need separate software to edit the exif data and you don't need the processor-heavy content aware fill process. Does a great job, often looks perfect.

Here is my method for making a better quality interactive sphere photo that can be edited and downloaded to Facebook / flikr
Take all the jpegs of your sphere from the sd card and place into lightroom which will do all the stitching for you leaving 1 photo which can be adjusted/edited to your liking. Send this to paint to resize to the 2 to 1 ratio, save as jpeg.
It's almost ready the last trick is to name the camera properties of the jpegs to RICOH and the camera lens to RICOH THETA S
That's it.... Upload!

View attachment 1853

First attempt at the Sphere mode. A 'still' from the sphere; not interactive obviously. Wasn't concerned with scene. Just wanted to test out the new function as I am like crazy new to drones. Really think this feature is pretty cool.

That looks awesome!!! Is that direct screen capture from the Go4 App or did you do it outside in +Theta? What I have been using is stitching in Go 4 app and then using an app on the android called Tiny Planet to modify and save out in that look, but yours looks so much better!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast