Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to disable cache images/video's

Mikey87

Join
Jul 6, 2018
Loc
Netherlands
Hello all,
I use my phone for flying with my Sparkie. Works great, but there is one big fat disadvantage... When i restart my phone i see 300+ images of all my Spark flights in my gallery. Also the promotion video's are constantly back on my phone. Is there any option to put off the whole cache pictures/video's saving? I only want to download some good photo's to my phone when i am connected with the Spark and nothing else. I have to delete the 300 images manual and it took over 10 minutes to delete them.

So, short: i don't wanna anything on my phone, the video's and photo's i want i download from Spark's SD-card.

Any options for it? Don't see anything in the menu for disabling it.

Uhh I feel your pain!

I really wish DJI would put a .nomedia file in their folders so that the photo apps ignore the low res/incomplete photos.

The iOS version of DJI Go app has a setting to adjust the size of cache stored on your phone. In the past I've turned mine completely off that way. But now I have just a small cache that records over its self when full (so I can still see the most recent flights).

You can also go to the iPhone Settings app and simply turn off access to Photos (Camera Roll) by the DJI Go app [see the attached screen shot]

EE3CE6A2-9F79-400C-80F2-130CA7FE0813.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast