Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How will you control your Spark?

How will you control your Spark? Most of the time

• Phone

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • DJI controller

Votes: 54 84.4%
  • Gestures

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
New to drones and on a budget...So I'm gonna be using my phone :(

Does anyone know if a wifi extender (like in this Parrot Bebop video) can be used with the Spark to increase the range though?

IMO, its senseless w/o the RC

It depends on what your intended use of the spark is really. I plan to use my phone, because this will be something to carry with me on family hiking / camping trips etc... I can throw it up in the air quickly and get some video / photos of us. If I want to go far, I have a Mavic Pro that can go much farther than this little guy. In my opinion f you don't have a Mavic Pro and you purchased a spark flymore combo... that is senseless.

It depends on what your intended use of the spark is really. I plan to use my phone, because this will be something to carry with me on family hiking / camping trips etc... I can throw it up in the air quickly and get some video / photos of us. If I want to go far, I have a Mavic Pro that can go much farther than this little guy. In my opinion f you don't have a Mavic Pro and you purchased a spark flymore combo... that is senseless.
I understand where you're coming from in regards to the Spark and portability, but once you fly it using the phone/tablet joystick controls you may change your mind about getting an RC.

I understand where you're coming from in regards to the Spark and portability, but once you fly it using the phone/tablet joystick controls you may change your mind about getting an RC.

Yes I may change my mind, I will have to wait and see if it suits my intention with just the phone, if not, well I guess I will either sell it and go back to my mavic, or bite the bullet and purchase the controller (I have already purchased extra batteries, prop guards, and props) and then take a long hard look in the mirror and learn from my mistake :)

I suspect a lot of people that purchased the Fly More combos will be offering up their prop guards for sale...myself included.

I was hoping that I would be able to use my iPhone 5C but I've just discovered after trying to download the DJI Go 4 app that I need at least a 5S. Crap!

Upgrade.

Line of sight so either. Height will only be restricted to what's set in app when using the controller. Here in the UK mines set to 1000 feet (aprx 400m) as I tend to be flying with my competent spotter with me.
You must have big feet.... ;o)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers