Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I flew my spark over some motorboats, had a near miss...

Some of the boats off camera my have had their radar on. This could be a source of radio interference that led to your temporary loss of control. They don't necessarily use it for navigation but just because it looks cool. I notice this a lot at my local inlet.

Amazing that you missed the boat's outriggers, lines and antennas. Very lucky

Reactions: Rocco Germani
Some of the boats off camera my have had their radar on. This could be a source of radio interference that led to your temporary loss of control. They don't necessarily use it for navigation but just because it looks cool. I notice this a lot at my local inlet.

Amazing that you missed the boat's outriggers, lines and antennas. Very lucky
Yes, I am very lucky, I was scared to death for a moment though.

Yes, it looked like he swerved in at the drone and then back out!

The lesson, dont invade other people's space... it will give responsible drone flyers a bad name... obviously this boater was not amused with the piloting of the drone.

I was 19 once too... I get the "buzz" of doing this stuff... but you're going to be a buzz-kill if you keep it up. Just sayin'. Fly safer.

Yes, it looked like he swerved in at the drone and then back out!
That's what's even worse. I don't know how I would have reacted if it wouldn't have survived. Funny that hate for drone pilots would go as far as to attempt to sacrifice thousands of dollars worth of boat equipment just to take one out of the air.

The lesson, dont invade other people's space... it will give responsible drone flyers a bad name... obviously this boater was not amused with the piloting of the drone.

I was 19 once too... I get the "buzz" of doing this stuff... but you're going to be a buzz-kill if you keep it up. Just sayin'. Fly safer.
Problem I have with it was that I was nowhere near them. They went for the drone, I wasn't provoking them by being at a distance...

How can you tell if they feel their privacy is being invaded?
I wasn't looking at the boat, I was easily 100 feet away from it, and they swerved towards it for reasons I don't know. Also, at the distances I was at, zooming in would make things pixelated. I should be more careful in the future however.

Two wrongs don't make a right! Scenario: Boater swerves into a drone 30ft off of the water purposely, said drone gets knocked around and goes into a frenzy, said drone heads toward another innocent boat out of control and crashes into the boat, ruptures a battery and catches fire. Innocent Captain can't put the LiPo fire out and it burns his boat to a watery grave! Perhaps someone dies because of the action! Why: because the captain of another boat didn't find the drone amusing? That captain doesn't deserve to be piloting a boat and he gives all other captains of boats a bad name.

The lesson, don't be an a-hole and think that you should descide if someone should be doing what they're doing! Allways be safe even if you think others aren't! Think before you act, sometimes the actions of others brings out the idiot in you, etc... etc.. etc..!

Two wrongs don't make a right! Scenario: Boater swerves into a drone 30ft off of the water purposely, said drone gets knocked around and goes into a frenzy, said drone heads toward another innocent boat out of control and crashes into the boat, ruptures a battery and catches fire. Innocent Captain can't put the LiPo fire out and it burns his boat to a watery grave! Perhaps someone dies because of the action! Why: because the captain of another boat didn't find the drone amusing? That captain doesn't deserve to be piloting a boat and he gives all other captains of boats a bad name.

The lesson, don't be an a-hole and think that you should descide if someone should be doing what they're doing! Allways be safe even if you think others aren't! Think before you act, sometimes the actions of others brings out the idiot in you, etc... etc.. etc..!
Yes, I totally agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme